TIBCO Spotfire Review

The visual and advanced analytics are valuable. It is scalable at the enterprise level.

What is most valuable?

• Best in class in visual and advanced analytics
  • Enterprise scalability

How has it helped my organization?

• Massive process improvement and time savings in life science research, as well as clinical data analytics

What needs improvement?

Cloud infrastructure could be improved. The cloud market is rapidly evolving and TIBCO is at the forefront of development here. With Hadoop connectivity, there is also a link to data lake environments. I think that a turnkey offering with a smart data lake and analytics layer on top is where the market is heading.

I have used this for 15 years.

If you use recommended hardware sizing, you should not encounter any stability issues.

I did not encounter any scalability issues.

Technical support was excellent.

We did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was straightforward as you can start small and build the platform as you go.

You can choose between subscription and perpetual licenses based on your needs.

We did not evaluate alternatives.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product because it is intuitive with a fast learning curve and very powerful. In my opinion, it exceeds competitors' capabilities in enterprise scalability and advanced analytics support.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a Life Science Partner.