TIBCO Spotfire Review

Provides visualization options and data exploration.

What is most valuable?

• The advanced settings in the dialog box for visualization options are comprehensive and easy to use.
  • The filters available in the data panel for data exploration are responsive, even on large data sets.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved internal audits in customers that implemented the enterprise server by increasing the size and scope of data sets analyzed and tested. This makes the process more automated.

What needs improvement?

Some visualizations that were customized did not display well when published to the web server. I suspect it had more to do with the specifications for that particular deliverable than with the solution's capabilities.

We have used the solution for one year.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues, but we are only a small implementation for three to five analysts.

We haven't used the technical support facility.

Other customers implemented IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, or Tableau.

We don't know about the initial setup.

We can't offer any advice on this issue.

We evaluated Tableau. Our decision to go with Tibco Spotfire came down to the availability of a developer/analyst skillset with the tool.

What other advice do I have?

Consider how this fits within enterprise data governance. There are no real savings on time spent preparing data for analysis.