Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption Review

Offers good inspection and the detection of malware but needs better support

What is most valuable?

Over the course of the time I have been using Trend Micro, I would say it is similar to Kaspersky. Overall, I think that it's very interesting, but I wasn't really impressed with the threat protection. For example the threat in the League of Legends for the Cloud.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what must be improved, I would say the support, the next feature, and the road map. I think all these must be improved, but the important thing to improve is the support.

I would like to see next-gen anti-virus included in the next release.

I have been using Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption for one year now.

For the inspection and the detection of malware, it is almost the same as Kaspersky or Symantec. We know they have a module for the use-pack for the malware, to defend from the pack, and I think it's good.

I have been infected with ransomware that they should catch, and if we get infected it must be learning for it to know it is malware. It's just a weakness. It's not so good for catching ransomware. It's someone in Indonesia. The problem is why we're always with the ransomware.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten I would rate Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption a six.

In Indonesia, with our client/our partner, I am hands-on with this solution. Trend Micro, Kaspersky, Symantec, they're all the same. They're really the same technical approach and signature base. It's totally the same for me.

More Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Endpoint Encryption
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Microsoft, Broadcom and others in Endpoint Encryption. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.