Tricentis Tosca Review

You can convert manual test cases into automated ones. It supports both GUI as well as non-UI testing.

What is most valuable?

• Dynamic test case creation: Tosca lets you create automated test cases in no time. You can also convert your manual test cases into automated in a matter of seconds.
  • Optimize, manage and automate: It lets you jot down your requirements, design test cases, automate and analyse your test results within one GUI.
  • Scriptless automation:Testers can test without worrying about writing code.
  • Supports both GUI as well as non-UI testing.
  • Test case design: Really lets you think about your test approach and strategy, It lets you automatically generate all the possible (and required) permutations and combinations of the functionality to be tested.

How has it helped my organization?

We had this huge customer application (Java based) which needed to be tested end to end. Tosca let us execute around 400 test cases overnight. Hence, it saved a lot of time and brought value for our - and the vendor's :) - esteemed client.

What needs improvement?

Tricentis has vast and helpful documentation, including the Tosca manuals, along with a detailed description of each section that also contains various tips and techniques. Along with this documentation Tricentis has provided some videos, which are really helpful and help us understand the concept very quickly (and if we want to go into detail, then we can always refer to the detailed manual later).

It would be great if there are more video tutorials on the vendor's support website, at least for commonly used functionalities.

It's been over five years now; have been using it since version 7.6.

I have not encountered any deployment issues in my project.

I have not yet encountered any stability issues.

Customer service is excellent.

Technical support is excellent.

What other advice do I have?

The vendors' videos and webinars are of great help, so I would like them to keep coming up with more.

9.0
More Tricentis Tosca reviews from users
...who compared it with SmartBear TestComplete
Learn what your peers think about Tricentis Tosca. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.
7 Comments

Hi Vaibhav,
I think you may find this review helpful -- written by our community member, M@nish Kum@r who is a seasoned user of Tosca Testsuite:

author avatarit_user491526 (I.T Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees)

HI Orlee Thanks for the suggestion, review by Manish is indeed quite informative. I have recently requested tricentis for version 9.3 trial so looking forward to experience it :)

author avatarOrlee Gillis

Great! It's great to see that Manish's review has helped your decision-making.

Please keep me updated about your experience with the trial!

author avatarManish Kum@r

Hi Orlee and Vaibhav,
Nice to see exchange of thoughts.

@Vaibhav - if you are looking to upgrade to 9.3 then I may have some essential inputs that may come in handy. Should you need any information then feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
Manish

Sure Manish . Thanks :)
Regards
Vaibhav

author avatarOrlee Gillis

Keep me posted, too, please!

Hi Orlee Its been a while now that I have started using Tosca 9.3 and moving towards 10.0 next year. It has been a great experience I must say, I am looking forward to use 10.0 and will provide a full fledged review as I know that it is having really cool features which I would be making use of in my company.