What is most valuable?
- Dynamic test case creation: Tosca lets you create automated test cases in no time. You can also convert your manual test cases into automated in a matter of seconds.
- Optimize, manage and automate: It lets you jot down your requirements, design test cases, automate and analyse your test results within one GUI.
- Scriptless automation:Testers can test without worrying about writing code.
- Supports both GUI as well as non-UI testing.
- Test case design: Really lets you think about your test approach and strategy, It lets you automatically generate all the possible (and required) permutations and combinations of the functionality to be tested.
How has it helped my organization?
We had this huge customer application (Java based) which needed to be tested end to end. Tosca let us execute around 400 test cases overnight. Hence, it saved a lot of time and brought value for our - and the vendor's :) - esteemed client.
What needs improvement?
Tricentis has vast and helpful documentation, including the Tosca manuals, along with a detailed description of each section that also contains various tips and techniques. Along with this documentation Tricentis has provided some videos, which are really helpful and help us understand the concept very quickly (and if we want to go into detail, then we can always refer to the detailed manual later).
It would be great if there are more video tutorials on the vendor's support website, at least for commonly used functionalities.
For how long have I used the solution?
It's been over five years now; have been using it since version 7.6.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
I have not encountered any deployment issues in my project.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
I have not yet encountered any stability issues.
How is customer service and technical support?
Customer service is excellent. Technical Support
Technical support is excellent.
What other advice do I have?
The vendors' videos and webinars are of great help, so I would like them to keep coming up with more.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?