Tricentis Tosca Reviews

rating
Manish Kum@r
Senior Technical Automation Specialist at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Jun 25 2019

What is most valuable?

Risk-based testing, test optimization, and support for over one hundred technologies are some of the most important capabilities of the platform. Many may argue that the… more»

How has it helped my organization?

Tricentis Tosca has evolved from being a functional test automation tool to becoming a Continuous Testing platform. It has helped teams within our organization become more… more»

What needs improvement?

Even though the platform has been continuously evolving, there is room for improvement. For example: * Test reporting hasn't been as impressive as the other components of… more»

Tricentis Tosca may be relatively on the higher side in terms of pricing, but their sales rep can give pretty decent deals when asked.

I was using Selenium WebDriver a few years ago. I switched to Tricentis Tosca because of its methodology and support for more than one hundred technologies.

What other advice do I have?

For organizations who want to aim for a unified continuous testing platform, and are willing to pay for it, Tricentis Tosca can be a decent investment.

I evaluated other solutions including both Selenium and QTP.
Robert Foerg
Project Manager at a logistics company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Aug 08 2018

What is most valuable?

Compared to other tools we have been looking at, you don't have to be a programmer to operate it, though it helps. It also a product that can be used by business people.

How has it helped my organization?

We build the test cases, then we just need run it by one person to get feedback right away. Otherwise, it would require planning with certain testers.

What needs improvement?

* It needs better integration with JIRA. * I would like a better user interface.

We hired a consultant to figure out all the tools in our company and how they fit in our company before we purchased the solution.

What other advice do I have?

Figure out your requirements and environment. We had the impression Tosca would be the perfect fit for us. We did a proof of concept test with all our applications, Tosca was able to work with them… more»

We also evaluated HPE, IBM Rational Functional Tester, and Ranorex. However, for us, Tosca was the perfect choice.
Find out what your peers are saying about Tricentis, Micro Focus, SeleniumHQ and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: October 2019.
372,622 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Vaishali Mane
Practice head for Automation at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
May 27 2018

What do you think of Tricentis Tosca?

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for end-to-end automation. The performance is good. It's just that it doesn't support applications on the Mac. But overall it is good.

How has it helped my organization?

Helps decrease execution time.

What is most valuable?

We have multiple applications, and it supports parallel execution. It has mobile automation.

What needs improvement?

Making it more stable would be good because we get around 90% stability. It would be great if it were more stable.

It is scalable.

We do use it but it was better a year ago. Now, the turnaround time takes a little more time.

The upgrade I was involved in was…
Daniel Kämena
Consultant im Testingbereich
Jan 30 2019

What do you think of Tricentis Tosca?

What is our primary use case?

Primarily test automation for webshops based on PHP code. It was satisfying as long as the GUI did not change permanently.

How has it helped my organization?

It did not improve because the GUI was not static, so it was not possible to write tests for a GUI that was in progress.

What is most valuable?

The XScan was great because it was a handy way to automate on a surface which made it very easy and simple.

What needs improvement?

It should be more flexible when using the modules; it is kind of frozen there. They should be made more dynamic.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Tricentis Tosca

372,622 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Tricentis Tosca Questions

What is Tricentis Tosca?

Tricentis Tosca specializes in enabling large enterprises to improve the quality of their applications by equipping them to optimize, manage, and automate their software testing.

Tosca's model-based approach to software test automation enables enterprises to achieve high automation rates while maximizing business risk coverage.

Tricentis Tosca also provides market-leading test case design and planning capabilities, test data provisioning, service virtualization, mobile testing, and more.

Tosca is fully compatible with other testing solutions and Application Lifecycle Management products. Tricentis also offers uniquely designed testing solutions for SAP, ServiceNow, Trax, Avaloq, and Oracle.

Tricentis Tosca customers

HBO, AMEX, BMW Group, ING, Bosch, Austrian Airlines, Deutsche Bank, Henkel, Allianz, Bank of America, UBS, Orange, Siemens, Swiss Re, Vodafone

Read Archived Reviews
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Functional Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Tricentis, Micro Focus, SeleniumHQ, and more!