What is most valuable?
This is a complete Test Automation solution of our Enterprise Legacy system, which has many technical peripherals. It provides complete automation for apps/services of all domains and technology integration. Although not yet implemented on our site, features like Orchestrated Service Virtualization and Exploratory Testing excite me and have a huge potential for us.
How has it helped my organization?
- Helped us to lay a strong foundation for model based test automation
- Increased throughput
- Improved quality
- Better cost optimization
- Faster time to market
What needs improvement?
- Licensing/Pricing: Licensing needs to be packaged and not too granular at the component level.
- Cloud or Service Offering: It's a licensed installation. I am not sure if it can be used in the mode of "product as a service" offering
- Web Interface: To avoid client installations for certain features
For how long have I used the solution?
I have been using this for more than 7-8 years of generic use. For the last few years, I have extended its use as a strategic tool for test modernization, automation, and transformation.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
There have been no stability issues in particular.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
There have been no scalability issues as of now.
How are customer service and technical support?
Technical support is very good. We have been supported by a very professional technical team from the vendor.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We did use different solutions. We moved to Tosca because:
- It offers a complete automation solution for all of our applications streams.
- Other technologies were unsupported and fell short on our requirements
We are also in process of moving to Tosca for other functions.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup was fairly straightforward.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
I would like to see some competitive pricing and licensing models.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We evaluated HPE's QC and our existing tools.
What other advice do I have?
If you are up to end-to-end test automation, then please give Tosca a try.