Tricentis Tosca Review

​Scriptless SW QA automation. Provides a very quick on ramp to test automation with little maintenance.​

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

A bit early to tell, we are still learning/deploying. What we have seen so far, is solid ability around identifying core application components and easily building and executing test cases. Even during experimentation we were able to identify some “bugs” before release to production.

What needs improvement?

Exploratory testing engine needs improved element recognition (at lease in JAVA Swing)

6 months

No issues.

No issues.

Pretty good (8 out of 10). Capable, but sometimes slow.

Did not. I did however look at several competitors and found this to be the best overall.

Fairly straightforward. Good documentation and guidance.

Licensing is not too complex. If you are not sure what you need, start small with a price lock-in.

HP UFT (ALM), Qualify by Original Software, TestComplete by SmartBear

What other advice do I have?

Do extensive research and experiment a lot. Solutions work differently in different environments, make sure you pick the best for your specific needs.