Tricentis Tosca Review

It makes test cases which can be used by technical and business people

What is our primary use case?

For our applications, it makes the test cases. So far, we have been quite happy with it. So, we don't have any complaints.

How has it helped my organization?

We build the test cases, then we just need run it by one person to get feedback right away. Otherwise, it would require planning with certain testers.

What is most valuable?

Compared to other tools we have been looking at, you don't have to be a programmer to operate it, though it helps. It also a product that can be used by business people.

What needs improvement?

• It needs better integration with JIRA.
  • I would like a better user interface.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

We are satisfied with the support of Tricentis so far.

Setup wasn't that straightforward; it was more complex. It all depends on the environment, because there were a lot of errors on our applications. Therefore, it wasn't an easy setup for us.

It took time to begin setting up for the first time because it's not a regular setup. It took us a week to set up.

We hired a consultant to figure out all the tools in our company and how they fit in our company before we purchased the solution.

We also evaluated HPE, IBM Rational Functional Tester, and Ranorex. However, for us, Tosca was the perfect choice.

What other advice do I have?

Figure out your requirements and environment.

We had the impression Tosca would be the perfect fit for us. We did a proof of concept test with all our applications, Tosca was able to work with them and drive the proof of concept goal. Finally, we made a decision a year ago to work with Tricentis Tosca. We are quite happy with the product.