Veeam Agent for Linux Review

Single file restore capability works well, but I would like to be able to install directly on Linux

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for backup and recovery.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that I can restore single files.

The user interface is good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to install Veeam directly to Linux instead of having to go through a Windows server.

If I can make the VBR (Veeam Backup Replication) a proxy on Linux instead of Windows it would be an improvement in regards to security.

Also, I would like to see Veeam take a backup for shares. If they can take backups from storage then they should be able to backup up for just shares.

I have been using this solution for four months.

This solution is stable.

I haven't been using it heavily in the four months that I have been using this solution, but so far I would say that it stable.

I haven't tried to scale this solution yet, but I would say that it is easy.

I have not contacted technical support yet.

I have only had one issue but I was able to solve it.

The initial setup was straightforward, not difficult.

The documentation available is good.

I did not implement this solution through a vendor, I implemented it myself for a medium-sized company.

What other advice do I have?

I haven't explored all of what this solution has to offer as I have only been using it for four months, but so far it's good and I would recommend it.

In the next release, I would like to see Veeam installed in Linux instead of Windows, that is the main concern for me. Some locations avoid using Veeam because of this, being installed on a Windows Server and not Linux. This would be a huge improvement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.