Vembu BDR Suite Review

Provides my clients with constant backup for SQL, application services, and Active Directory

What is our primary use case?

It is a backup and disaster recovery solution for small businesses. I use it primarily for Vista machines.

How has it helped my organization?

The backup is constant so it makes things simpler for me. To put it simply, it just works.

What is most valuable?

• Snapshots
  • Constant backup for SQL, application services, and Active Directory
  • External disaster recovery
  • Small memory footprint when running

It's also easy to use because of the graphical user interface. It's simple enough for a child to use. With Vembu Cloud I can view the status of all my clients' backups. I can configure backups from the interface. I am able to do 99 percent of what I need to do from the GUI.

What needs improvement?

I suggest that the dump of the database have the option to either be backed up to Vembu Cloud or be backed up to all backup sites and not only to default storage.

If the backup server crashes I create another backup server and use the backups and the database dumps. I have to use the default path of the backups. It would be a great option if I could just import the backup files.

Less than one year.

In the past, I had some stability issues but I no longer have them. It was corrected in the last version. It is working without problems now.

Scalability is not a problem.

The support from Vembu is very, very good. These guys have saved my life two or three times.

I have used many solutions up until now. I switched to Vembu because of the price.

The initial setup is simple. It is not complicated. The only thing that makes it more complicated is when there are a lot of databases.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it at 9 out of 10. It's a great option for a small business looking for a cheap solution requiring two or three different backup sites. Vembu provides strong support. I am not giving it a higher score because it is complicated to recover a crashed backup server.

1 Comment
BhavaniShanmugamVendor

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Your suggestions have been noted down and forwarded to our Engineering Team. Also, I would like to mention that you will be able to replicate backup data & database dump to another site using Vembu OffsiteDR. Further, if you have any queries please reach us through vembu-support@vembu.com

19 November 18