Vembu BDR Suite Review

We are now using it 24/7 because it is serving as an online backup

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for backup.

I am using the latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

What we like best about the system is the use of its operation and the backups versus what we had to do earlier. We use it to back up our virtual environments, mainly VMware.

Everything is happening in the background without running any commands. It runs seamlessly in the back, so this is a great achievement. This is also a great convenience for this organization. Previously, somebody had to do it manually all the time.

We are now using it 24/7 because it is serving as an online backup, and very soon, the DR will activated on the product.

We invest in the backup so the continuity of the data is not affected.

What is most valuable?

It takes the sever directly from your VM environment.

The compression, encryption, and deduplicatuion are quite useful.

What needs improvement?

We are still exploring its features, but we want to see more features that we desire over time.

Less than one year.

It is fairly stable.

At the moment, we have an administrator whose responsible for the device.

I am the only person handling the device. It is very straightforward, We have just one person in the organization, a consultant, and I don't go to the site on a daily basis.

I am happy with the technical support. Whenever I have contacted them, I have received the results that I was looking for.

This is the first time that we used this type of solution. We were quite happy with what we received.

The initial setup was quite good. There were no major hiccups.

Even the support teams supported us, which was quite helpful. The deployment took a few minutes.

I am the consultant. I recommended this solution to my client.

I think this solution will help us deliver an enterprise level data protection solution and reduce budgets. We will be moving more into that very soon.

The pricing could have been cheaper.

With another client, we had looked at Veritas. wihich is also quite stable. Between this solution and Veritas, I found this solution to be more user-friendly in terms of its interface.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it. This solution suits organizations where there is no dedicated IT manpower. It can be managed by somebody, like a consultant, who can handle the entire thing.

We are quite happy with the latest version and how it works. We are convinced that this is the right product.

I haven't used it with Microsoft Hyper-V.

1 Comment
Sree ramyaVendor

Hello Madhu,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. Good to know that our product was helpful. We look forward to providing you with the best service with Vembu BDR Suite.

21 March 19