Veracode Review

We're much more security conscious when writing code, to meet the benchmarks it gives us

What is our primary use case?

Dynamic and static scanning.

How has it helped my organization?

We're being much more security conscious whenever we're writing code, and we're trying to make sure it's giving us a benchmark, and to make sure we meet that, on a release cycle.

In terms of AppSec best practices, it has made everybody more conscious about what they're trying to accomplish, because they know at the end of the release cycle we're going to be running scans. They basically need to make sure they adhere to all the rules.

Our customers have benefited from the added application security we offer because they're more confident that our software isn't going to expose their organizations to any risk.

What is most valuable?

The ability to run scans. It's a critical piece of why we use the platform. We use it to get our scan results and see where our software is vulnerable or not vulnerable.

It's part of our SDLC now.

What needs improvement?

The user interface can sometimes be a little challenging to work with, and they seem to be changing their algorithm on what is an issue. I understand why they do it, but sometimes it causes more work on our end.

No issues with stability.

Not that I know of.

I have not contacted tech support.

It seemed straightforward. I didn't actually do the work, but from what I was told, it seemed like it was fairly easy to get going.

I cannot give numbers on any cost savings related to code fixes since implementing CA Veracode in our development process.

It's worth the value.

We did evaluate other options, but I can't remember who we looked at.

What other advice do I have?

I would be highly likely to recommend working with CA Veracode to colleagues.

I rate it an eight out of 10. It's a good product - I can't say that it's lighting my world on fire - but it does what it needs to do.

Just be prepared that it's going to take effort from all aspects of the business to be able to utilize and achieve the goal that you're looking to achieve with the product.

Keep your software secure

Application security starts with secure code. Find out more about the benefits of using Veracode to keep your software secure throughout the development lifecycle.