Veracode Review

We use scan results for training to increase sensitivity to security issues during development

What is our primary use case?

Static code scan.

How has it helped my organization?

We have used the results of scans to train our people and make them more sensitive to security issues during development, although we haven't done any specific integration of Veracode into our software development cycle. Engineers are better trained, so we hope to see increased compliance with our security guidelines.

We do incorporate the suggested course of action from the Veracode report (AppSec best practices and guidance) in our best practices.

Also, our customers benefit from the fact that the application is more secure.

What is most valuable?

We use the results of the scan to identify vulnerabilities in the product.

What needs improvement?

Calypso (our application) is large and the results take up to two months. Further, we also have to package Calypso in a special manner to meet size guidelines.

No issues with stability.

Because our application is large, it takes a long time to upload and scan.

Based on limited usage, we are satisfied.

We did not have a previous solution. We picked this product because our partner (SAP) uses it.

Straightforward.

There are no directly measurable cost savings. We see security improvement as a key part of our product development.

What other advice do I have?

When asked, we let our customers and partners know that we use Veracode and that we are happy with it.

Keep your software secure

Application security starts with secure code. Find out more about the benefits of using Veracode to keep your software secure throughout the development lifecycle.