Veracode Review

Ad-hoc scanning during the development cycle, reporting for audits, are key features

What is our primary use case?

We test each major release of our software using Veracode static and dynamic testing. We also do manual penetration testing annually.

How has it helped my organization?

Ensures our code and system are 100% compliant. In terms of APPSec best practices and guidance to our team, the Knowledgebase available on the Veracode system is a great resource for our developers.

For our customers, the added security assurance is a requirement.

What is most valuable?

• Ad-hoc scanning during the development cycle
  • Reports for audits

In terms of integrating Veracode into our existing software development lifecycle, there are regular milestones in the SDLC to perform Veracode scans.

What needs improvement?

• Entering comments for internal tracking
  • Entering a priority
  • Reports that show the above

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Excellent.

We did use a previous solution. It didn't satisfy our needs technically, and the customer service and its cost were not satisfactory.

Easy.

We don't do a detailed enough analysis to reflect on any cost savings relating to code fixes made since we implemented Veracode.

Negotiate some, but their prices are reasonable.

HPE Fortify.

What other advice do I have?

Have them guide you through your first scan - make sure to add hours to your initial contract for that.

I am very likely to recommend Veracode to colleagues.

Keep your software secure

Application security starts with secure code. Find out more about the benefits of using Veracode to keep your software secure throughout the development lifecycle.