Visual Studio Team System Review

It is stable and scalable and the setup is really straightforward

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to search for smugglers and for people who have open files. So we integrate everything with GDPR and then we distribute this in most parts of Europe. We have some interests in the United States too.

What is most valuable?

What I like about this solution is that it is one big framework, which everybody knows, so one can quite easily start-up new developers using it.

What needs improvement?

We are looking forward to the new Blazer system that is coming out soon. It is currently in beta on the service side, so we are looking forward to the new version that will be on the client side too. I also would like to see an improvement in the technical support.

I have been using Visual Studio Team System for more than ten years now.

The solution is pretty stable.

The solution is very scalable. We integrate this in SQL and we can do this vertically as well as horizontally; in both directions. We have 15 users that are using the regional pseudo team system within our company, and they are all developers.

We pay additional fees for support, and it is doable. It is not the best support, but it is definitely acceptable. That is perhaps something that needs to be improved.

We did the installation and setup ourselves and it was really straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to go all the way with this solution. Don't try to find a cheaper solution. On a scale from one to ten, I rate Visual Studio Team System an eight and I'm looking forward to the new Blazers system.

More Visual Studio Team System reviews from users