VisualCron Review

Automates different steps in your business processes

What is our primary use case?

We use it for replacing files from our FTP server to our network work folders or as an email selector for invoices. We receive invoices into a certain mailbox depending on the sender address where we make mail triggers. In the trigger, we can manage what to do with the attachments:

1. We put the invoice into a process folder.
  2. We put the attachments into a subfolder where we merge the invoice with attachments.
  3. Once you make the job/trigger in every mail, it is processed automatically.

How has it helped my organization?

VisualCron is a very powerful program to automate different steps in your business processes. We use it to automate replacing files and inform departments about the replacement.

What is most valuable?

Mail trigger: When a mail is delivered into a specific inbox, you can fire off your task depending on this.

Event trigger: When a file is placed in a certain folder, you fire off your task depending on this.

There are a lot of tasks that you can use for all kinds of stuff.

It's very useful to use variables which help you to specify some jobs.

The forum is very useful.

What needs improvement?

There are some conditions in the mail trigger, but you can only use them as an "AND" condition, not as an "OR" condition. This is an improvement that could be useful. For example, some people put "invoice" in the subject and others put "invoice" in the body. If I want to make a trigger for everybody whose sending invoices, I have to make two jobs for this now.

Seven years.

Good.

Very good.

Michael and Henrik from support are very kind, helpful, and almost always available for questions when there is something wrong with a job (you have made), but is not working anymore. The have helped me often with different things.

The forum is very useful for solutions on things you want to change or problems you are struggling with.

Straightforward with the help of support.

In-house.