VMware NSX Review

It's a complex solution but not as much for the key user

What is our primary use case?

We just introduced NSX in our headquarters. We have it running in some labs, but no real experiences. We've been using it for six months.

Our objective is to know each features component and how it works. Depending on the business requirements, we would adapt the solution as needed. This is the reason why we work a lot from the maps and then anticipate when we need a new feature for our company.

What is most valuable?

We like that NSX is integrated with everything.

The load balancing is a real major opportunity for us. As a CIO, we have 99.9% network security. We would like to optimize this product.

Less than one year.

The feedback we're getting from the labs is that the stability is rich and that we haven't had any trouble with it. The stability is really, really good.

We didn't use a service for implementation but we have a consultant to help us get a better understanding of NSX and to teach us the best practices.

What other advice do I have?

To those who say this solution is complex, I would say it is but not for the key user. You just need to learn the standards and mechanics for your specific product. That means that it's simple even if it's really complex beyond that.