VMware Software Defined Data Center Review

Provides us with IaaS that has good stability and performance

What is our primary use case?

We are using all of the virtualization technology.

Our primary use case is infrastructure as a service (IaaS).

For some clients, we provide backup as a service. In this case, we back up their on-premises data to the cloud.

We are using the cloud deployment model.

How has it helped my organization?

The major benefits of this solution are stability and performance.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the infrastructure as a service. Not all of our clients require the backup to the cloud, but the majority demand IaaS, or the migration from an on-premises solution to the cloud. For example, for replication purposes.

What needs improvement?

The next version of this solution should include more automation.

There should be more visibility in the performance and the configuration.

They are using vRealize Log Insight as the virtualized log platform, but this solution is not well developed and not yet ready to use for advanced optimization and troubleshooting.

I have been using this solution for four or five months.

This solution is very stable. In fact, stability is the major advantage of this solution.

We have not yet tested scalability.

My experience with technical support has been varied. It depends on the kinds of hardware because some of them do not have precise knowledge. In general, it is good because they pick up the issue and give you the insight to deal with it.

I have also used Nutanix. There are some differences between VMware and Nutanix, where each has benefits and downsides. The advantage of this solution is stability.

The initial setup of this solution is complex.

We are not well experienced with this solution so we hired a consultant to assist us.

What other advice do I have?

We are not using the latest version, and we plan on doing some upgrades.

This is a solution that I recommend. It is really stable and rewarding.