VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) Review

Using the VMware vRealize self-service portal, we can better manage the lifecycle

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is the automation of the cyber functionalities. Right now, it is performing well.

How has it helped my organization?

For the cyber functionalities, we used to set up the functionalities manually using templates. Now, using the VMware vRealize self-service portal, the user can request a server, and we can better manage the lifecycle.

What is most valuable?

• Manageability of the blueprints.
  • Integration with the rest of VMware solutions.
  • Availability of the Orchestrator.
  • It is intuitive and user-friendly.

Stability is fine. Though, we have seen some issues with upgrades or installations. This means we have to raise a call every time with VMware.

Scalability is good. It has been fine. We have been using it for quite some time and haven't seen any issues.

Normally, on the first call to technical support, you don't get the right person. The log analysis takes a long time. This is something which should be improved.

We were not using anything previously. We have been using VMware for quite some time.

We are trying to set up this new 7.4 in a distributed environment. Every time it was failing with different errors. Finally, we were able to finish it with notes that we had taken, and the help of VMware. However, later on in the product cycle, when applying the same procedure into our production environment, we followed all the guidelines and it still failed. This used to be a one day job, and it has been a one week job.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend use the solution.