VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

I see what's going on in the environment. It identifies current and potential future problems.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature is being able to see what's going on in the environment, to identify where problems might be or where we could potentially have problems in the future.

Room for Improvement

I'm pretty pleased with the product. Right now, I can't really say anything negative about it.

Use of Solution

We probably used the older version for the last couple of years. We're actually in the process of rolling out the new vRealize Operations, so we don't have it fully implemented yet; that's where we're at. We changed our licensing model to buy the vCloud Standard, which included it. Right now, we're in the process of getting it spun up.

It seems very stable. I know the previous version was stable. No downtime at all.

It seems to be very scalable for the environment that I'm dealing with, which is a fairly large environment. It's not the biggest environment in the world, but it's definitely scalable for my environment.

I think their support has some challenges. I've had better support from other vendors, to be honest. Some of my biggest complaints are delays in getting problems resolved and getting responses. I can say that is pretty much the same for my colleagues as well.

Initial setup is straightforward. We set it up in-house.

Other Advice

I recommend it. I think it's a great solution. I think it's a great product as far as vSphere environments, because it is geared towards vSphere; made by the people who created vSphere.

When I decide to work with a vendor, I think longevity is an important criteria. I like to make sure that I'm partnering with a vendor that's going to be around tomorrow. I like to see a large footprint. That way I know there's widespread adoption for their product. I like responsiveness, when I have a demand, or a need.

More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
Learn what your peers think about VMware vRealize Operations (vROps). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.