VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Gives us more details which we can't get on the dashboard, but the alerts are somewhat hard to manage

What is most valuable?

• Alerts
  • The insight as to what is going on in the environment.

If there is something wrong with a particular VM, we can see what's going on. It alerts on disk space, memory, etc. to what is going on. Then we also use it for our Horizon View environment. It gives us more details which we can't get on the dashboard from the canned Horizon View Administration consult.

How has it helped my organization?

It's mostly from the administrative side for us. It has helped us stay on top of issues in our environment, less downtime, etc.

What needs improvement?

It is somewhat hard to manage the alerts. Granted, that is probably training on my side. But I would like to actually do more custom alerts for our environment. I know you can do it. It is just hard to intuitively figure it out. You've got to dig into it. It would be nice for VMware to simplify it.

Last six to 12 months.

I haven't had any issues with it.

It's been fine.

We haven't used it.

I was not involved with the initial setup for this organization, but I have set it up in other organizations.

It is really easy to set up. You just deploy the OVA, and it's done. Give them an IP address, point it at your environment, and you're good.

What other advice do I have?

I really like the new version. Better interface.

If you are looking at the solution, I say, "Go for it." It has been good for us.

More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
Learn what your peers think about VMware vRealize Operations (vROps). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.