VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Able to set up alerts which will be forwarded to your whole team, but it doesn't work well with other solutions

What is most valuable?

Being able to monitor teams underneath the enterprise.

How has it helped my organization?

• Being able to monitor things like CPU usage, memory, and storage.
  • Being able to set up alerts which will be forwarded to your whole team. This can tell you what's going on, and which VM it's happening on.
  • It allows you to forward the issue out to whichever team owns the VM.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more integration with other applications.

It's good on VMware products. It's tough to incorporate it into other things, like our logging. We use things like Splunk and other applications. It's pointless to log into vROps to get a portion of what you're looking for, then have to go into other solutions.

It just doesn't work well with other solutions.

It's very stable. We have not had issues.

No, we have not any issues.

We have not used it, though we do have a direct contact at VM's technical support if we ever need to contact them. We feel contacting if we needed to and that are knowledgeable.

I was not involved in the initial setup. It was seven or eight years ago.

Upgrading the solution has been simple, though.

We have guys who work for VMware in our building (in-house). We only reach out to them for upgrades. If we ever have any issues, we'll go to them, but we usually don't run into vROps issues.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the product. I would tell anyone looking to purchase the product to utilize it as much as possible.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Technical support would be our number one reason. If anything does go wrong, it's nice to have a someone who's helping you out.
  • Onsite staff is definitely the best.
  • It has to be able to work with other applications. It definitely has to be a standalone because most of our machines aren't connected to the internet.
More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
Learn what your peers think about VMware vRealize Operations (vROps). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.