VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Provides insight into our environment and allows us to more easily rightsize virtual machines

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features would be the insight into our operating environment. It lets us see what's going on with our virtual infrastructure, with our virtual machines, with our hardware, with everything.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes it easier to manage. It streamlines our operations. We don't have to go digging around a dozen different places to find out performance statistics or performance information. It allows us to more easily rightsize virtual machines.

It never goes down.

Easily scalable.

I haven't used technical support for this solution. I do have a contact within the dealer who is knowledgeable. We just haven't had any issues with it.

No, we didn't really have one beforehand. We just needed performance statistics, to quantify how our VMs are operating, and vROps is a logical solution for that.

It was easy. It was simple. It took an hour to install one of our virtual machines, tied into our vCenter server, and that's it. It's a straightforward product. It's really easy to use.

We upgraded and that was really easy, too. Just a couple of clicks and it goes through.

There weren't any. There's nobody else that can do what it does.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of criteria when selecting a vendor the important criteria are cost, reliability, and reputation. They're the top three. Perhaps community feedback plays a role as well.

More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users