VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Provides real-time insight and measurement of CPU utilization, memory usage, and capacity management

What is most valuable?

Its centralized management. We have a large environment, and it's very difficult to try to stay proactive in it instead of being reactive.

How has it helped my organization?

It give us the real-time capability to see and measure CPU utilization, memory usage, consumption rates, and capacity management.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration with the login site and different tools. I don't have the understanding of how to take that input and feed it right back into vROps to achieve the right reporting and alert notifications. More tutorials and training would be useful.

I think it's stable. We don't have any issues.

It seems to be scalable. We're medium-size, but I think it's there.

Good. They're very responsive.

No, just the older version. We were already licensed for it because we're a VMware customer. We were too reactive, so we needed to install it to get ahead of our issues and problems.

Pretty straightforward. There were some questions regarding rightsizing when setting it up, but overall it was good.

What other advice do I have?

When looking at vendors, it's important to look at technical support and responsiveness.

More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
Learn what your peers think about VMware vRealize Operations (vROps). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.