VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Enables us to integrate information from vCenter, vSphere, but support for Horizon could be better

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

vRealize Operations enables us to do a lot more looking at the data. Basically, it enables us to look at the information coming in from vCenter, vSphere. We fully integrate it in our end user computing side. So Horizon, plug it into our Horizon data.

What needs improvement?

For vRealize, in the state that we use it in, for our Horizon end points, there's probably a little bit more data that they could have available for Horizon than they do today. I think it's more vCenter focused. Their integration with Horizon probably could be a little bit better.

It's a stable solution. It's still growing. It's got room to grow, I would say. There are a lot of things they could do to make it better. I think they're pretty open to that feedback, and allowing us to expand it more.

It's highly scalable.

Tech support's really good. Anytime we've had any issues whatsoever, any of our engineers, or whoever we contact, is pretty available within a few hours of our posting a problem to support.

Setup's a little complex at first. But once you actually know what you're doing, and when you're setting up some of the other nodes - besides the primary one - the collectors and everything, it tends to go a little bit better.

What other advice do I have?

From my standpoint, when selecting a vendor, we look at support, their customer service, what is their responsiveness to any of the problems we have. Scalability, "ease-ability" in the product. Is the solution fully integrated into what we need it to do?

I rate it a seven right now just because it's a little bit complex in its setup. But, I think, like I said, as they improve it, get a little bit better, then it'll make it easier to use.

More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
Learn what your peers think about VMware vRealize Operations (vROps). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.