VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Gives a lot of insight into the VDIs and more information on operations performance

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

The visibility towards the operations of the VDIs. It gives you a lot of insight into the VDIs. It gives you more information as to what the performance is in the operations.

What needs improvement?

I think if the product could give you more information on the metrics side. To see what metrics are you going to see, and you can improve on, and selection of metrics, it would be a lot better. Right now it populates a lot of information and for somebody who is new to the product, it's a little bit of a challenge.

As you scale up your VDI environment, you could definitely go along with it, and it can give you more insight inside it.

I could give it a selection as to what product you use. If you're on the vSphere side, from my experience it's different than in the vROps and others.

It's very straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I think it's the whole technology that VMware is working. And how it brings things from physical to virtual. It's just very interesting for me to see the technology, the way that it's progressing now into other areas.

I rate it eight out of 10. It gives you a lot of insight. But I would say you have to give it more time to dig in and kind of get more information.