VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

You can put it on the whole VM infrastructure. Anywhere your VMs are, it can act on that space​.

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

It gives us good information when there's an issue of where to pinpoint the source of the issue within the virtual infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

A lot of the stuff we need assistance with is trying to get us help on our internal process of actually implementing stuff. So the right sizing of VMs and things like that. If there was some way in which it could identify the amount of resources in use, and scale them up and down on the fly, that would be fantastic.

No, it's very stable. It's part of the VMR Stack, so it's protected by all the core VMR features, like HA, vMotion, and DRS. You can put SRM on it.

You can put it on the whole VM infrastructure. Anywhere your VMs are, you have vROps that can act on that space.

They're knowledgeable. Sometimes, you have through the first level to get to the next level of engineering. Once you get past that, they're very knowledgeable with the products, usually able to help us in a short amount of time.

We also have someone on site to help us with the more advanced stuff on an ongoing basis as well, in addition to our TAM who can help escalate stuff and find the right answers.

It's fairly straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: Everything is important.

• Reputation is certainly good for us, being a bank.
  • The relationship is huge.
  • We have to partner with someone that we trust, who we think is going to do a good job for us, and responds to the issues that we have.
More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
Learn what your peers think about VMware vRealize Operations (vROps). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.