VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Provides deep insight into our VDI environment, with real-time monitoring, tracking

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage our VDI infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives the real-time info that we need to diagnose any problems that we have with our VDI infrastructure. With over 18,000 VDIs, it can be a daunting task to manage all that stuff. The solution has helped reduce time to troubleshoot issues, improve quality of service to users, and provide cost savings through higher capacity utilization.

What is most valuable?

It gives us deep insight into the entire VDI environment, where we have of over 18,000 VDIs. It helps us keep up on uptime, gives us real-time monitoring, tracking, and troubleshooting.

It integrates well with our vCenter. Having that real-time access through vCenter and through vROps is very useful for us.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see a little more training, free training on the VMware site; to get some more information within the VMware community. There's quite a bit of stuff out there but getting that access can be daunting sometimes.

We've never had any problems with it, it's always been up, 100 percent of the time. We do have it in a DR situation in case something would happen. But we've never had a problem before.

It's been growing with us. We've been growing at around 5,000 VDIs per year and it's been scaling with us throughout that time.

I walked into the situation with this solution in place. I don't know anything else.

What other advice do I have?

The most important criteria when selecting a vendor are

• product availability
  • interoperability with our current environment
  • ease of use.

We like to have a really nice GUI interface, something that people can be trained on very quickly, especially when we have new staff come in who are not familiar with the product. We like to get them up and running as quickly as possible. For us, having that flexibility is a real game-changer.

More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
Learn what your peers think about VMware vRealize Operations (vROps). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.