VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

ensures that we don't have servers that are over-subscribed with storage

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to determine what systems are being utilized and whether there are issues with VMs.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our organization because it allows us to be proactive in regards to catching systems prior to them becoming a critical state.

It has helped improve the quality of service to users. It's made sure that we don't have servers that are over-subscribed with storage that starts to end up being at the minimalist points.

What is most valuable?

It helps us to determine, over the course of time, whether we need to supply more hardware, memory, or storage.

For the most part, we have found it to be user-friendly. It has gotten better over time since the first version of vROps that I used. The interface has really improved since then.

I haven't had any problems with stability. It has been fine.

We haven't done a lot in scalability since it's been implemented.

We haven't had to use their technical support.

We had an option of using this solution or not and our group chose to move forward with it.

After a few earlier iterations, I think the latest version was very easy to deploy. I didn't have to problems with the setup at all, it was very easy.

Not having any downtime is always a return on investment.

We use a multiple-monitoring solution but vROps is more tailored towards the environment that we use. We use both solutions hand in hand. The monitoring solutions that we currently use notify us of any issues and whatnot. We use vROps to tell us what the VMs or servers are doing over time.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell somebody looking into vROps or a similar solution that it's a good product. I haven't had any problems with it. I want to continue using this product moving forward and I would definitely recommend it to a colleague.

I rated this solution a nine because we haven't had any problems with it. It has provided me with the information that I've needed to make sure that our environment stays stable and it provides our users with the needed applications.