VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

It helps us reduce resources by indicating that we don't need that much CPU or memory in use

What is our primary use case?

• Capacity management
  • Performance management
  • Troubleshooting

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us reduce resources by indicating that we don't need that much CPU or memory in use. This gets the density of our VMs much higher on our systems.

It helped troubleshooting issues with storms of software data that cost a lot of IO. We could look back regarding why it happen and easily pinpoint it by going through all the reports and data. We would then follow up with the responsible owners of those VMs.

In training data, it predicted that we could reconfigure systems or buy more capacity, when needed.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are capacity management, proactive reports, etc.

It is intuitive and user-friendly. It is easy to follow and the reporting engine is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like some training or sessions around self-healing and automation. So, if a problem occurs, we can automatically take action on a problem which is occurring.

At the beginning, the stability was not that good. The latest versions are much better.

The scalability is okay. We have had no problems with it.

The technical support was pretty good when we called once. They can solve issues in no time.

I don't think there were many problems setting it up.

We implemented it ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

If you're using VMware, use the native products that they have because they are great.

More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
Learn what your peers think about VMware vRealize Operations (vROps). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.