VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Simple initial setup and good technical support

Video

What is our primary use case?

We use vROps for our many VMware infrastructures. It is mainly for IT operations because we're processing a lot of information. vROps is good for us for reporting and for monitoring hosts and VMs.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature would be the reporting because if the frame or something is not syncing or we have an issue it will report it to us and give us a warning.

What needs improvement?

I wouldn't say that this solution is user-friendly. You need to know a lot of tricks to know how to use it. It's quite buggy and quite slow when it comes to loading.

They should improve on the speed, first of all, because it is slow to load and then you can't use it at all and you need to keep refreshing the browser. They can also improve the GUI, like the placement, some buttons here and there. In short, they should make it simple.

Stability isn't bad. Not perfect but not bad.

Their technical support is good. I am happy with them at the moment.

Overall, the initial setup was straightforward. There are many ways to do this life cycle. We have many different views.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight. It serves its purpose but it has room for improvement. For example, vCenter has Flash version and HTML5. HTML5 is really, really good. It's fast and good. If they can make it simple like this it would be perfect.