WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response Review

Offers good protection and analytics, and technical support is quick to respond

What is our primary use case?

Our company routinely deals with credit card numbers in transactions and we use WatchGuard to protect our clients' information.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the protection that it offers.

The analytics are important because if there is an abnormality then it provides that information to us.

What needs improvement?

The ease of detecting where an issue is should be improved. It would be helpful if when an issue is detected, the system can send us an SMS message to our phones. This would allow us to immediately respond.

I have been working with WatchGuard since 2015, although we only implemented the Threat Detection and Response earlier this year.

Technical support is good. Our level one support in the country is near our office and when we have an issue they immediately respond.

We have had no issues with deployment because it can be pushed to the client.

The pricing is competitive.

What other advice do I have?

When we implement a new product such as this, we start with a PoC. We ask our vendor to provide a demonstration and then we use it in our environment. This allows us to test each of our scenarios. My advice to others is to follow this approach whenever they want to use a product. Do the testing before they buy it.

Every product has it's weaknesses. Just because it benefits one company, doesn't mean that it benefits another. This is why testing is important.