WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response Review

Easy initial setup and stable but not as efficient as Palo Alto

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our protection. We're currently concerned about our security and phishing scams, and we've employed this solution to help protect us.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use.

It's very simple to find the information we need.

WatchGuard offers something called DNSWatchGo. It also is a cybersecurity offering. It can be added to Threat Detection and Response to make both stronger.

What needs improvement?

The solution isn't as efficient as a product like Palo Alto.

The pricing is expensive. Even compared to Palo Alto, it's quite costly.

Palo Alto provides more signature detections than this solution. WatchGuard TDR needs to be able to detect threats a bit better.

The reporting isn't so good. If they worked to improve this aspect of the solution, it would be much stronger.

I've been using the solution for about one year.

The solution is stable. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches. There haven't been any crashes on it and our clients seem quite happy with it so far.

Technical support has been very good so far. We find them to be quite professional. We're satisfied with the level of service they provide to us and our clients.

The initial setup is easy. It's quite straightforward. There isn't any complexity involved.

For one PC, deployment only takes about five minutes. It's very fast. However, we have to deploy it onto a few hundred PCs, so in that sense, it's a bit time consuming, simply because of the number of installs.

We used three technicians to handle the deployment of the solution.

We're an IT servicing company. We use our own teams for implementation and deployment of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

We're a WatchGuard Silver Partner.

I'm not sure which version of the solution our organization is currently using.

Our company is quite small, but we service medium-sized organizations and have a large number of clients.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud