Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection Review

Low maintenance with good scalability but needs better DNS support

What is our primary use case?

All of our machines have Webroot installed on it and actively engage in endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is the fact that it is a low profile environment as far as overhead on the machines. It continuously updates automatically. For the most part, to the end-user, it's virtually invisible, and to the admins, it's a low maintenance environment.

What needs improvement?

Tech support needs to be improved. If we have an issue, and we don't have an issue very often, trying to get support's attention is a really difficult endeavor. Their DNS support is underwhelming. There are side portions of their environment that we don't use because it creates more problems than it's worth.

The feature that we would most like to see incorporated is DNS support. At the moment their DNS solution is problematic.

I've been using the solution for about five years.

It's a mixed bag. From the software standpoint, it's a fairly secure environment. From a corporate standpoint, it's a significant black hole at the moment.

We've not had any issues with scalability. If an organization needs to expand, they can do so quite easily.

Every user in the company has Webroot installed on their machine From the CEO down, everybody gets it installed on their machine. We're a small company, however. We only have 20 employees. We don't have hundreds or thousands of users. Still, it's used by everyone. In that sense, I don't think we can grow the usage any more than we already have. It is 100% utilized and I'm not sure it can go any higher than that.

Technical support is not the best. It's hard to get a hold of them if we need help. It's something that definitely needs improvement.

We've previously used Avast, McAfee, and a couple of other solutions and they all caused problems. When we moved over to Webroot a lot of those issues went away.

The initial setup isn't complex. It's relatively straightforward. You just have to install it on the platform. From an admin standpoint, that's the gist. You install it and let it go and then verify it on the dashboard. That's all.

Deployment is very fast. It only takes about two to three minutes.

I can't recall the exact pricing, but I believe there is a monthly fee of $20-30 per user.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We aren't consultants or resellers.

We're using the most up to date version of the solution. All of our users are geographically diverse, so we're basically all diversely distributed.

At the moment it's a great product. They recently got acquired by Carbonite and I'm still trying to sort out what the fallout is from a corporate standpoint. Otherwise, for the near term, it's a good product. We're just a bit worried due to the fact that we've dealt with other products from Carbonite in the past and it's left a bad taste in our mouth. We're kind of looking around for other options on the assumption that the Carbonite is going to put their touch on this and destroy it like the other solutions.

Currently, as it stands as a product now, I would rate it seven out of ten overall.

More Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection reviews from users