Qbi1s dk 400x400

Zeenyx AscentialTest Review
It's easy to create tests because you just drag and drop objects instead of writing code.

Valuable Features

Improvements to My Organization

We have a major upgrade of the two key applications I automated. This will be the first time we have an automated regression to run.

Room for Improvement

It would be great if AscentialTest supported the license server being in the cloud.

Use of Solution

6 months.

Excellent.

Excellent!

My company had an outside vendor as well as one of our employees try to complete an automated solution using Selenium. A framework was created but the automation was never completed.

In 2015, after my company went through several failed attempts at automating one of the key applications at my company, my boss and I decided I would give it a try. We were somewhat invested in Selenium and I had past experience with QTP, but I hadn't done any coding since 2003 and really didn't want to script.

I decided to do a formal tool evaluation. I evaluated tools, services, and scripting languages. See list below. Note AscentialTest is not on the list. We selected SmartBear's TestComplete.

Appvance

AutoMate

Fluent Lenium

HP Tools (QTP)

IBM Tools (Rational)

qTest eXplorer *** Not an automation tool. Captures manual test steps.

Pyramid Consulting *** Not an automation tool. Service vendor.

Ranorex

Reslet

Selenium

SmartScript

TestComplete

TestingAnywhere

TestQuest

ZAPTEST

TestComplete was very affordable and it was very easy to capture user work flows with TestComplete. But once I tried to capture and playback some of the unique aspects of our applications, was when I ran into problems. I spent 6 months working with technical support to resolve each hurdle. At the end they agreed there were too many manual interventions (a.k.a. hacks). They said they had never seen anything like it.

Fast forward to the 2016 QUEST Conference and Expo. I stopped by the Zeenyx booth and met with Brian Le Suer. He gave me an overview and demo of AscentialTest. I was really impressed and excited about the tool and sorry I didn't know about the tool the year before. I started working with a trial version right after the conference.

It's been really easy to automate the same applications TestComplete struggled with. I have been able to automate two of our key applications in just a few months. I haven't even taken their training yet.

My boss is also happy with AscentialTest and he's only seen two things I've automated.

The initial setup was very easy and straightforward. I only had questions when switching from the trial to the licensed version.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes. See list above.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Zeenyx AscentialTest?

Our experts can help. 238,917 professionals have used our research on 5,955 solutions.