Zerto Review

It's HW agnostic, with no impact on production systems, but backup dedup and online restore need improvement.

What is most valuable?

HW agnostic, no impact on production systems, no snapshot, easy management.

Version 4.0 is revolutionary, allowing replication between VMware, Hyper-V and AWS - conversion on the fly, and a a HTML5 GUI

Version 4.5 allows file restore, access based on roles, more powerful APIs.

How has it helped my organization?

We dismissed SRM and we no longer need the NetApp replication license. We were able to offer a DRaaS multitenant environment integrated with vCloud Director. Our customers think this tool is awesome.

What needs improvement?

Backup dedup and online restore, support for SMTP authentication.

4 years

Just in case of strict permission, we needed several ports to be opened. English language of OS for ZVM is needed, otherwise there's a bug showing some of the graphs.

Sometimes in large environments - enough to restart the service in ZVM.

No because it scales with ESXi scale.This is a strong pro.

Very very great, reactive answers in minutes and they don't leave you until the issue is resolved.

Great too - If the first level is unable to solve the issue, it scales to higher-level engineers on the fly.

SRM, but it needeed replication and it was complex to manage.

Smooth and Zerto techs assisted.

It was direct.

We only got SP licensing prices/model.

No, we had to decide if leaving SRM or not. Choice was simple.

What other advice do I have?

There are other competitor on the market, but this is the only one dedicated to DR. All others are backup based. It could seems expensive, but when you realize its power, you'll understand that cost is justified.

1 visitor found this review helpful