Act-On Software OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Act-On Software?
Act-On Software is a marketing automation company delivering innovation that empowers marketers to do the best work of their careers. Act-On is the only integrated workspace that powers the customer experience from end-to-end, from brand awareness and demand generation, to retention and loyalty. With Act-On, marketers can drive better business outcomes and see higher customer lifetime value. Act-On is squarely focused on the success of its customers and offers consultant level quality with everyday customer support. Act-On Software has been recognized for its superior product and rapid business growth by Deloitte, Forbes, and Inc. Magazine. For more information, visit www.act-on.com.

Download the Marketing Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Act-On Software Customers
NYU, Tableau, Xerox, ASPCA, Lego Education, Hoopla, Avery Dennison and SolarWorld.
Act-On Software Video

Archived Act-On Software Reviews (more than two years old)

Business Systems Manager at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees

What is most valuable?

The adaptive nurturing, segmentation, multiple lead scoring rules, and simple CRM integration stood out the most. The CRM connection is light weight for the CRM Administrator and easy to modify per business processes. Another plus was the ability to easily segment Act-On data per different internal business units.

How has it helped my organization?

Act-On improved our account-based marketing, delivered product-driven marketing material, increased lead rates with specific sales targets, and built a stronger relationship between our marketing and sales teams.

What needs improvement?

The CRM integration with Act-On is better with Salesforce and had more value for sales representatives than it did with Microsoft Dynamics CRM; that was MS CRM's downfall. Act-On Anywhere is a nice feature for general users, but the tracking in CRM is lost, and Marketing team subject lines do not carry over on the email templates.

Our Marketing team has used Act-On for four years.

The setup instructions are easy to follow and can be up and running within minutes. We transitioned our Act-On instance from Salesforce CRM to Microsoft Dynamics CRM without any issues.

No issues due to Act-On. However, with the CRM integration, the Administrator needs to identify any changes that could impact connection, but it is easy to monitor and update if needed.

Keeping our accounts and contacts clean helped our team on scalability and Act-On offers several data cleansing services to assist for an additional reasonable fee.

Act-On has an outstanding customer support team and they escalate issues to their technical teams before the frustration level. They even suggest improvements and point you to Act-On University courses and guides for easy reference later. They care about your success.

The initial setup was very easy in Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Act-On has great guides to step you through the process.

We had a complex marketing plan and other vendors mentioned additional fees for multiple processes to meet our needs and Act-On included them. Act-On does have several great options for a one-time fee and other vendors charged monthly or higher fees. Consider the Dedicated IP and Litmus option.

We reviewed six well-known vendors and tried one of the others due to an existing Master Service Agreement (MSA) discount offered with a sister company. Within the one month trial, we went to Act-On and happy that we did not stay with the other due to the MSA. The six reviewed were Act-On, Eloqua, HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot, and Silverpop.

VP, Director of Digital Innovation at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
Robust feature set, great customer support, solid overall value
Act-On is packed with features, including some that are only found on higher-priced platforms. The customer service is best-of-breed and they are constantly updating the platform and listening to their users. The price is very reasonable and their month-to-month pricing ensures they continue to earn your dollars. If you are new to automation, Act-On is a great entry point. Its easy enough to learn and the price point means you don't have to roll out all the features at once in order to get your money's worth.

Find out what your peers are saying about Act-On Software, Salesforce, HubSpot and others in Marketing Automation. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Marketing at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Best Marketing Software I've Used

How has it helped my organization?

Act-On is simple to use and it makes campaign development a breeze. It allows my small marketing department to appear much larger than it is! Without knowing any code you can quickly create forms, landing pages, and e-mails - all trackable!

Since Fall of 2012

Customer Service: Act-on is very hands on. Every customer is assigned a personal customer service representative but you can also use their support team.Technical Support: Love it!

Since Fall of 2012

Yes. I have previously used MailChimp and other free marketing solutions. They're great for the price... But if you've got funding this is the most comprehensive tool I've seen.
Marketing at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
A cost-effective and powerful solution that meets all of our marketing automation needs (and then some)

What is most valuable?

Website visitor tracking, integration with Salesforce and Webex, landing pages and forms.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization was operating blindfolded before implementing Act-On. We're able to have complete visibility into our website visitor behavior and easily integrate this into our CRM. We're able to segment our visitors based on behavior and lead score and serve them to the sales team on a platter.

What needs improvement?

I'd love to see a mobile app

2 years

None

No issues

We have a team of about 10 using it and we've had no issues with scalability

Customer Service: Top notch. Their CSMs are quick to respond.Technical Support: The help desk always picks up and is quick to find someone who can help if the first person doesn't know the answer.

We had briefly implemented AMP. We found Act-On to better in every category of marketing automation.

It was very straightforward.

In-house team

We looked at Eloqua, Hubspot and Marketo.
CMO with 51-200 employees
Easy to use and setup - recommended
We have been on the platform for about a year now. The setup time was less than a week and we were lead scoring right away. The team at Act-on was fantastic from sales to implementation.

Marketing with 51-200 employees
Easy to Use, and an Affordable Marketing Automation Tool

What is most valuable?

<ul> <li>Analytics and Reporting </li> <li>Marketing Automation </li> <li>Social Integration </li> <li>CRM Integration</li> </ul>

How has it helped my organization?

It is now much easier for us to send and segment emails, analyze our results and make smarter decisions.

What needs improvement?

One are of improvement would be ability to use dynamic content fields. It is available, but not to the fullest extent where it would help me.

2 years

No, I was up and running within 24 hours.

No, I have never had an issue.

We are a growing organization and it has been able to grow with us.

Customer Service: The customer service is likely one of the best pros of this organization. I think my account reps are wonderful and tech support is always quick and follows-throughTechnical Support: I have always been helped immediately.

Yes, we were unhappy with the overall capabilities, reporting and cost.

Very straightforward.

There was no set-up cost, just a monthly cost based on email list.
MarCom Specialist with 51-200 employees
Powerful yet affordable

How has it helped my organization?

Before I joined, my company used a larger, more expensive but more popular software. After switching to this, my team can still do everything it needs to for cheaper.

I've used this since beginning my marketing career

Customer Service: Excellent on a scale of nothing to excellentTechnical Support: Great, and resources are abundant

Yes, switched to Act-On for pricing

I've used this since beginning my marketing career

Yes, switched to Act-On for pricing
Product Categories
Marketing Automation
Download our free Marketing Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about Act-On Software, Salesforce, HubSpot, and more!
Quick Links