Apache Derby Overview
What is Apache Derby?
Apache Derby, an, is an open source relational database implemented entirely in Java and available under the . Some key advantages include:
- Derby has a small footprint -- about 2.6 megabytes for the base engine and embedded JDBC driver.
- Derby is based on the Java, JDBC, and standards.
- Derby provides an embedded JDBC driver that lets you Derby in any Java-based solution.
- Derby also supports the more familiar client/server mode with the .
- Derby is easy to install, deploy, and use.
Apache Derby Buyer's Guide
Download the Apache Derby Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021
Apache Derby CustomersLogitech, Splice Machine, CrowdStrike, Lever, Human Solutions
Apache Derby Video