User Assessments By Topic About Apache Derby
Apache Derby Questions
What is Apache Derby?
Apache Derby, an, is an open source relational database implemented entirely in Java and available under the . Some key advantages include:
- Derby has a small footprint -- about 2.6 megabytes for the base engine and embedded JDBC driver.
- Derby is based on the Java, JDBC, and standards.
- Derby provides an embedded JDBC driver that lets you Derby in any Java-based solution.
- Derby also supports the more familiar client/server mode with the .
- Derby is easy to install, deploy, and use.