ASP.NET Overview

ASP.NET is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top .NET Development Services. It is most often compared to Microsoft Silverlight: ASP.NET vs Microsoft Silverlight

What is ASP.NET?
ASP.NET is a free web framework for building web sites, apps and services with HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
ASP.NET Buyer's Guide

Download the ASP.NET Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

ASP.NET Customers
Kienzle Automotive GmbH, Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Vengo Labs, Oneview Healthcare, BookedOut, Ministry of Rural Development, Grupo WRR
ASP.NET Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ASP.NET pricing:
  • "The pricing is a bit high and I believe that it can be brought down."

ASP.NET Reviews

Sravan Kumar Kolloju
Project Lead at AIA
Feb 19, 2020
Simple to maintain, design, and to create

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for development purposes, to cater to the company's business requirements and needs. We have our own team where we get exactly what they want through the business analysts. Then according to that, we design and cater to the requirements and implement it.

• "The main pro is that it's very easy and we have Microsoft helping to stabilize the product which is coming with the all new features every year."
  • "The con is that every year they are launching a new technology, and for a company like us, we get confused which version should be used."

What other advice do I have?

Cost-wise, choose Microsoft technology. Regarding availability, check the supply of developers in the current market, because most of the developers, entrepreneurs, who start a new job, are going to learn this technology because it's simple and easy to learn. There is nothing difficult to learn and to work on. So I can say yes, ASP.NET is easy and is low cost when compared to other technologies. And in the current market, we have plenty of developers available and people like to learn it because it's so easy. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate ASP.Net an eight.
reviewer1354917
Unemployed at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
Sep 30, 2020
A flexible solution that is both scalable and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

I use ASP.NET for VBScript. It is used to schedule, deploy, and monitor different processes within UiPath.

• "The most valuable features are ease of use, scalability, and flexibility."
  • "Performance is an area that can always be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would say that integration is the key factor. When you have a better implementation methodology then it will make it easy to integrate with the platform. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to start with an easy example. It will take a little bit of time for you to understand it. Try to find resources and study. Definitely, I would not discourage anybody from using it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about ASP.NET. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PraveenMishra
COE Head - Emerging Technologies & Global Practice Lead - Digital Transformations at Tata Technologies
Feb 11, 2020
ASP.Net in Microsoft Platform is a very powerful development tool through which you can design and develop highly scalable and reliable web applications

What is our primary use case?

Tata Technologies support manufacturing organizations and our customers are global automotive and aerospace manufacturers. Using Microsoft technologies we have developed applications for PLM, business applications solving business needs. The primary use cases would be to resolve business problems in Supply Chain, Inbound and Outbound logistics, Procurement to Pay, Contract to Pay, HR domain, Dealer Management System, Customer Relationship Management.

• "This framework is very easy to use and tweak for our business needs."
  • "Sometimes we have issues with instability and it crashes, which is something that should be made to work better."

What other advice do I have?

In general, I would recommend ASP.NET. However, it depends upon the use cases. If there is an application for the web then it is very good. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
reviewer1276728
Associate Technical Architect at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feb 13, 2020
Good development framework for Windows applications

What is our primary use case?

I am a Microsoft .NET technology architect and ASP.NET is one of the platforms that I develop with and support.

• "ASP.NET works well with Windows applications and more generally, the Windows platform."
  • "In the future, I would like to see more AI and machine learning technologies made available in libraries."

What other advice do I have?

I started my career with ASP.NET and I like most of the things about it. I started working with Microsoft technologies rather than Java technologies, and I am still with Microsoft. In India, they are moving to cross-platform deployment using the .NET work and I haven’t seen any drawbacks, apart from not being supported by Apple or macOS. I think that most customers prefer Windows applications, so they will prefer ASP.NET. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Sorina Vasiliu
Co-Founder at RED ABACUS DEVELOPMENT SRL
Mar 29, 2020
Easy to use and has good stability

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I am sure there is something that has room for improvement but nothing specific comes to mind.

I have been using ASP.NET for eight years.

I think it's stable. There haven't been a lot of bugs.  We have around five users using this solution.

I haven't needed to be in touch with customer support yet.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.  I would rate it an eight out of ten.