BMC Remedyforce Competitors and Alternatives
Read reviews of BMC Remedyforce competitors and alternatives
Project Manager at Ark Data Centres Limited
Real UserTop 20
Aug 19, 2020
Enabled us to have a better workflow for tickets and provides us with multilayered service management
What is our primary use case?We're an unusual company where we don't have a traditional IT service desk. We do have an IT support team, we have a separate networks team, and we have our general client service desk. So what we wanted from SysAid, is something that was more customizable, more user-friendly, and didn't require huge amounts of consultancy to maintain and develop. We've got 14 directly using it, in various small service desk roles and three different IT-type network teams who do general client service desk. Most of my environment is in IT. We do have a very large network of organizations that we've built and… more »
Pros and Cons
- "It's really customizable. It's very user-friendly to change very quickly. We've developed lots of custom forms and things, without any need for thousands of accounting consultants which was one of our main aims of it."
- "The automation needs improvement. The workflow has some improvements to do. There's some stuff that they are working on like having cascaded fields. For example, we're categorizing tickets by location, by site and by building and then by data room within a data center. At the moment they're all separate fields."
What other advice do I have?The service desk and automation orchestration have not yet affected our employee onboarding processes. We are expecting it to be more automated. We'll also have workflow around it for approvals and for new starters. We want it to create tickets for laptop builds and stuff like that. That's all planned for the future, but it's not quite there yet. My advice would be not to wait long to change. SysAid is so much easier than the previous tools we had. I wouldn't hesitate to use it anywhere else in the future. I'm confident in installing a new version of SysAid and getting it up and running in a…
C5ISR IT Consultant at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
Nov 24, 2019
Good flexibility and integration abilities but the interface needs improvement
What is our primary use case?We use this for ticketing. Initially, it is just like ticketing but we wanted to have some change management configuration as well. The possibility for change management and the ticketing system are the two main use cases for this product for us.
Pros and Cons
- "A very convenient package like an all-in-one tool but it is actually five or six products acting well together."
- "Resources for understanding compliance and relative compliance need to be made available."
What other advice do I have?Before I was a consultant at SRB, and right now I'm working as a consultant and exploring additional products. Since the time before when the product was not that mature, I was not using SCSM for those few years. Now the product has been really changed. Especially the integration and configuration. And then also with the inclusion of Operation Manager and the Orchestrator. It is quite good now in comparison to the BMC Remedy and iTop. My advice to anyone considering the SCSM solution would be to figure out if it is the product for you by evaluating what you already have as a base and what you…
Saves us time and money with a great self-service interface
What is our primary use case?We use the solution primarily for call logging and checking, but we also use it with other products that are related to CA. It's mainly for monitoring and event management from the infrastructure management perspective which integrates or interfaces into CA SDM for ticket logging. We also use it to check the SLA using what is referred to as the embedded service desk. We're about to introduce service catalog. It's one of the CA products that integrate nicely with it so we'll be using the new features of self-service and the xFlow engine. I'm an ITSM specialist and we have a partnership with… more »
Pros and Cons
- "Self-service interface means people can check their own tickets."
- "It doesn't yet have the ability to integrate with other products."
What other advice do I have?Out of all the service desk solutions I know, the one I know the best is CA SDM so I may be biased. I know there are many other options like ServiceNow and ManageEngine. I use Clarity and I would recommend it because it does add value to the business. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
Easy to use and implement with a good user interface
What is our primary use case?We're primarily using the solution for incident management. We use it for ticketing for end-users. We are using also all the functionality around change management, release management, and this year we implement project management and software license management. We also make use of the analytics.
Pros and Cons
- "The overall functionality of the product is excellent."
- "The product should look at BCM or ServiceNow and see if there are features that would make nice additions. It would help them stay competitive."
What other advice do I have?We're just customers and end-users. I'm not sure of which version of the solution we are using. They recently changed the names of their services. While we were previously using what I believe was called Enterprise, which is now called Pro. We may continue to use, not just this solution, but other Freshworks options in the future. We've recently asked the company to put together webinars for our company to learn more about their offerings. I'd recommend this solution. In fact, I already have - to other CIOs. The pricing is very straightforward, and the solution is easy to use. It's not overly…
Good documentation and support, analytics, and BI charting
What is our primary use case?We are using Assyst in a Hybrid environment with Assyst app servers running in our own virtualized servers with the database and storage in Azure Cloud, which works well. We use the system for IT Service Management across 16 ITIL v3 processes as part of a cohesive service management platform for delivering shared services for large organizations. We integrate to Azure AD, LUIS/BOT Framework for insights and Virtual Agent support, as well as NetSuite for the asset, user, and billing interfaces. Our focus is on process efficiency while ensuring a great customer experience.
Pros and Cons
- "One of our favorite features is the "Info-Zone", which provides operational intelligence in flight and in context to guide both business users and support teams to productivity."
- "We would like to see AI-driven CSI functions built into the tool that would allow us to quickly tie our improvement goals to metrics and activities, so Assyst will suggest the next steps to help us get closer to our goals."