BMC Remedyforce [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is BMC Remedyforce [EOL]?

BMC Remedyforce, built on Salesforce App Cloud, enables you to deliver high-speed service management that empowers users and accelerates the business, with minimal capital investment.

Built with speed and flexibility in mind

• Comprehensive functionality:Incident, problem, change, service level management, self-service, discovery and asset management
  • Social, mobile, modern access: With the Salesforce 1 platform, solve incidents, submit approvals, and crowdsource information via Chatter or chat
  • Intuitive dashboards and reporting: Resolve 90% of IT issues on the first call; show key business metrics in real time
  • Configuration not customization: Deploy new technologies and services without coding or scripting, using existing Salesforce staff
  • No software or hardware to install or manage: Seamless upgrades twice a year with simple, value-based pricing

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] is also known as Remedyforce.

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Buyer's Guide

Download the BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Customers

Design Within Reach, Dex Media, DHHS, News UK, Pervasive Software, Mitchell International, Sysmex Corporation, Ameritas, Lumen 21

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Video

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Reviews

ML
Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Good integrations and very stable with excellent alert functionality

• "The solution is very good at integrating systems."
  • "It's hard to find information about the solution online. We'll sometimes use the internet to look for technical answers, and we won't be able to find it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to record IT events and instances. For example, if someone is working within the office but suddenly their test op doesn't work, they'll call the IT service support desk and the desk will take the call and record the instance on the Remedy system.

We'll also use this system to record and send out notifications to all related staff so that they know about the status of relevant activities and tasks.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good at integrating systems.

The solution is very stable.

There are good alarm systems in place. When something goes wrong, or some switch has a problem, Remedyforce can recognize it and send alerts to the operator.

What needs improvement?

The monitoring system could be improved.

It would be helpful if the solution was more open-source so that there is more community content available.

The solution is quite complex, and because of this, you need assistance from BMC for implementation and often for troubleshooting as well. We don't like this kind of situation. We want to be able to know how to use the solution completely and handle everything in-house. However, you tend to have to rely on BMC. Only they know the details of the product.

The solution shouldn't just cater to IT departments. We also use it with HR and it would be helpful if the solution offered a few more HR-focused features.

I've been using the solution for a decade. It's been about ten years.

The solution is a very stable product.

The solution isn't scalable.

We've been in touch with technical support and the team is awesome. They are very good to work with. We've been quite satisfied with the level of support we get.

Before joining this company, I used an HP product, but I do not recall the name of it. Compared with HP, BMC is much better.

I believe the solution's initial setup is complex. I joined the company 13 years ago, and the system already existed, so I didn't handle the initial setup. However, the system has a lot of customizable functions, so it's not plug and play. It can get quite complex because a lot of items need to be customized before deploying the solution. The deployment will take a couple of days at least.

An organization looking to implement the solution will definitely require the help of either BMC or a BMC partner. In our organization, it's very helpful to have assistance as we are not as skilled. A consultant engineer or analytical engineer that comes from BMC will have certifications. They know the system very well and it takes knowledge to deploy everything correctly.

The licensing model is complex. For example, some parts are based on the company (how many people use it) and some parts are based on the service model. It differs.

What other advice do I have?

We have around 500 people in our company and at least half of them will come in contact with this software daily. I don't think too many people are very familiar with it, however, because it has to be updated continually to accommodate some new functions.

I'd advise other companies that the product is very powerful, and if they want to keep their old servers, they should be careful. It's a big software system and it's not very open. They won't be able to find too much information about it on the internet and will have to rely on BMC directly quite a bit. The solution is highly customizable, however, meaning it will quite easily fit into almost any company's requirements.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

AM
Executive Director at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Flexible and pretty stable but needs better flexibility

• "The solution is very flexible."
  • "The look and feel is very dated."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for BD. It's providing service delivery and essentially servicing our end customers in terms of problem management, incident management, and basically ongoing support for our end customers.

We also use the solution just internally for employees as IT service management. These are the two primary use cases that we have internally for this product.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very flexible. It provided us the opportunity to extend into items that were not provided to begin with. It did not have all the features and all the data elements, however does a good job of having the flexibility to add them. We were able to extend it quite easily.

What needs improvement?

At the end of the day, it came to a point where we were trying to extend beyond what was available and the solution was no longer adding any more value. That's why we wanted to upgrade it.

The look and feel is very dated. The new employees who are joining us are coming in with a customer-like experience from the world of big tech. When they come in and then they start experiencing these products, these products are fairly dated in terms of the UI and are very clunky. Those are aspects that definitely can be improved.

They may have made those improvements in newer versions. I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet. I have just done the analysis and it's been deployed in some parts of the organization, however, I believe that that was one of the big problems that we had with these system tools.

The solution basically needs tighter integration with some of the other products that we use. It requires greater flexibility with generating the reports. All the reporting capabilities are limited right now.

We've been using the solution for a while, however, very recently we have started upgrading our systems into the Helix Platform with Smart ID.

It's been a very stable deployment for us. We don't have issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We have not expanded the solution beyond an originally estimated number of users and the use cases that we had originally estimated. We've basically stuck to the original business case and therefore, we haven't had any significant scaling challenges with them.

I find them very, very responsive. Whenever I have anybody with a problem or we are seeing anybody with an issue, we get support from them really quickly, so they are very sensitive to the organizational needs that we have. I cannot say that about every other vendor that we use. I find them definitely a lot more responsive to our needs. We've been satisfied with the level of service we've received so far.

We're actually moving over to BMC Helix at this point.

I actually wasn't involved in the setup. That said, I'm told it's reasonably less complicated compared to some of the other tools that may have been evaluated. I would say maybe that its initial implementation is rather straightforward and pretty good.

They have definitely been leaders in this industry and they're continuing to be there and so I would certainly pay that additional premium for them being ahead of the curve. The way they're priced right now is high, however, due to the value we receive, I don't mind that.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a BMC customer. We don't have a special business relationship with them, however.

While I've enjoyed using this product, I believe BMC Helix to be a better solution.

Overall, I would rate it a six out of ten. If they updated the UI and were a bit more robust I might grade it higher.

Learn what your peers think about BMC Remedyforce [EOL]. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,027 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Syed Abu Owais Bin Nasar
Software Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good reporting and easy to use but needs to offer better integration capabilities

• "The stability is good. There are no bugs."
  • "They need to make it possible to more easily customize the user interface."

What is our primary use case?

Remedyforce is primarily used for tasks such as incidents management, service requests, change management, task management, and business management.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspects are incident management, service requests, and change management. They are all very helpful to our organization in terms of doing the work and management we need to do.

The initial setup is very easy. It's quite straightforward.

The solution scales well.

The stability is good. There are no bugs.

The solution is very easy to use.

The product offers very good reporting.

What needs improvement?

The product offers quite limited memory. That needs to be expanded.

They need to make it possible to more easily customize the user interface.

The product could offer better integration capabilities. Right now, we are trying to integrate some on-prem solutions to Remedyforce. We're having some problems doing that right now.

Due to the fact that the solution must be accessed through the internet, if your internet is not good, you'll have trouble accessing the product.

It would be ideal if there was an on-premises option.

Technical support can only be reached via email. It would be nice if we could speak with them directly.

I've been using the solution for about five or so years. It's been a while at this point.

The stability of the product is good. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It works well. However, it does depend on the internet connection. If your connection isn't good, you may have issues staying connected and using the solution appropriately.

There are about 8,000 users that are on the solution in our company.

The solution is quite easy to scale, however, it does depend on the license. If you want to scale, you need to move to a new license tier.

Technical support is okay, however, you need to communicate with them via email. There isn't really a portal where you can initiate direct contact.

Yes, Microsoft System Center Service Manager. I used the Incident management, service management, and reporting module of MS SCSM. I found MS SCSM unstable solutions. It takes too much time to generate a report, if you are extracting the report and doing other tasks then it will be hanged or crash your system. Hard to customize. Not so user-friendly a solution.

The initial setup is not complex or difficult. Remedyforce is on a cloud platform, which makes it very easy to set up. It's very easy and quite straightforward.

The solution, being on the cloud, requires very little maintenance.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We did not need to enlist the help of any integrators or consultants. It was handled very easily in-house with our team managing it.

I can't speak to the exact pricing. It's not a part of the product I directly deal with.

It's my understanding that there are different tiers of licenses, and, if you need to scale up, for example, you need to move to a bigger tier.

What other advice do I have?

We have a partnership with BMC.

We currently use the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number.

Remedyforce is basically built on Salesforce. We are using the Salesforce Service Cloud.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the integration capabilities were more robust.

MF
Business analyst / Consultant at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable, but needs to be faster and more responsive

• "If a company needs to expand the solution, they are able to do so. It is quite scalable."
  • "It's not user-friendly. Everything is overly complicated. Even for the simplest of tasks, a user will waste time. It requires a lot of clicks and a lot of steps. Often we will have to do the same thing two or three times. It's really bad."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use asset management, the console parcel, and the CMDB functionalities. It's mainly for search and to verify access. I also use it to update attributes and relationships.

Currently, we are mainly using it for the change management process, for example, for planning and bringing forth approval process changes (that are open and assigned to our team).

Occasionally it is also used for incident management.

What is most valuable?

I can't think of a single feature I like on the solution.

What needs improvement?

I don't like the product at all.

It's not user-friendly. Everything is overly complicated. Even for the simplest of tasks, a user will waste time. It requires a lot of clicks and a lot of steps. Often we will have to do the same thing two or three times. It's really bad.

The solution needs a mobile interface.

It should be able to work faster and be more responsive. Right now it's clunky and slow. It takes ages and because of the lack of speed, it can get really annoying to use.

It would be helpful if the solution offered features related to asset management on the financial side. They need some functionality that would allow the company to calculate the total cost of ownership of a state. There should be some sort of license management functionality in order to manage their land and the life cycle easily.

I've been using the solution for three and a half to four years so far.

The solution is stable. I haven't experienced any bugs or glitches and I haven't heard of any complaints from the client in this regard.

I've been in touch with technical support in the past.

I'm told because I'm a consultant, that they need to talk to the customer. I would expect, however, if I pose a question and ask for support, that it would be beneficial to them to try to figure out what I'm asking, Instead, there's a lot of back and forth. They end up coming to me 10 times in order to get the exact same question they want to be answered.

They are not as supportive or as quick as they should be.

I don't have any experience working with a different solution.

I didn't handle the initial setup, so I can't speak to the process and I don't know if it was straightforward or complex.

What other advice do I have?

I don't really know what deployment model is used within the organization as I'm not an employee of the company that uses BMC. I work there as a consultant. I don't really know the details about the architecture.

I would advise other companies to take the time to make sure this product is really going to help them. Otherwise, they might be stuck with it and it isn't going to work well.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten.

Adnan Naseem
Jr Software Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good knowledge base and ticketing system but technical support needs improvement

• "The knowledge base is the solution's most valuable aspect. All of the knowledge we need is right at our fingertips."
  • "The solution's technical support is in need of a lot of improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for our banking solution. I use it as a way for customers to open their tickets and resolve problems that are related to their banking, both internal and external.

What is most valuable?

The knowledge base is the solution's most valuable aspect. All of the knowledge we need is right at our fingertips.

The solution offers the best ticketing incident regiment as well.

What needs improvement?

The solution's technical support is in need of a lot of improvement.

The pricing of the solution is quite high. It would be ideal if they could adjust it to make it more affordable. The fees on our management engine, in particular, are high.

The solution needs to have more documentation.

I've only been using the solution for about five months.

Although the solution is still quite new for me, I have noticed that it contains a few glitches and bugs, so I wouldn't say it is 100% stable.

I've found the solution to be scalable. I don't think an organization would have trouble scaling.

There are two or three other people using the solution in my organization, so there are three companies that currently use Remedyforce.

We've dealt with technical support in the past and have not been satisfied with the level of service that was provided to us.

The initial setup isn't straightforward or complex. It's quite ordinary. it's what you would expect.

I can't recall how long it took to install the solution or deploy it. I believe it took a couple of weeks. We spent a lot of time with some on-premises work.

We used a supporting consultant that helped us implement the solution at our organization.

The solution is costly. I'm not sure of the exact costs, however. I'm sure that the solution is more expensive than competitors such as ManageEngine.

I'm unsure if we evaluated another solution before choosing this one.

What other advice do I have?

I'd warn others that when it comes to implementing Remedyforce, they should be aware there may be fees involved.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. If they had better documentation and better technical support, I would rate them higher.

SV
Service Assurance Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Good interface, good customization, and very stable

• "The interface and customization are the solution's most valuable features."
  • "The solution's business workforce should be much more capable of drag and drop functionality. The solution could be kind-of UI based rather than still being coding based. You still need an administrator profile, and you'll have to code things if you want to use the solution."

What is most valuable?

The interface and customization are the solution's most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The solution's business workforce should be much more capable of drag and drop functionality. The solution could be kind-of UI based rather than still being coding based. You still need an administrator profile, and you'll have to code things if you want to use the solution.

The solution should introduce more AI and more automation. It would be an overall benefit to the product as a whole.

I've been using the solution for the past three years.

The solution is stable. Right now, the solution is quite customized. Upgrading will take a bit of planning on our part.

In terms of scalability because of our own existing infrastructure and our own unique support model, it's bit difficult. It's a challenge we're facing currently. Right now, we're wondering if we should continue with this solution or move over to ServiceNow, which may make scalability easier for us. ServiceNow is on the cloud. We're looking at options and whether we need to move onto the Helix platform before moving everything into BMC ITS and then migrate back and move all of the integrations to Diago.

Currently, we have in the ballpark of 5,000 users.

We've been satisfied with technical support. We haven't come across any bottlenecks in the service provided.

The solution was a bit complex to set up. For us, we needed a legacy tool integration. It was not about the tool itself. Since we hold a legacy system, we have to manage it and getting integrated with those legacy systems was a major coup for us. It still took us a long time to integrate everything. We had more than 20 in all, in terms of legacy systems. We wanted to integrate all of these into one platform, and the ticketing platform was BMC Remedy.

We had a partner that assisted us with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I am an internal auditor, so I cannot reveal much information in terms of my current organization's structure.

I'd strongly recommend the solution to others. I'd rate it nine out of ten.

SW
Principal Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable with good performance and support, but the CSM features need to be improved

• "The feature that we like best is the stability of the product."
  • "The customer service management (CSM) features are in need of improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use Remedyforce for our IT helpdesk. For our internal users, it keeps track of incidents.

We are also a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The feature that we like best is the stability of the product.

The performance is good.

What needs improvement?

The customer service management (CSM) features are in need of improvement.

I would like to have a cloud-based service portal.

I have been working with BMC Remedyforce for seven years.

The stability is very good.

Remedyforce is pretty much scalable. We have about 4,000 employees who use it in our organization.

We have a premium support contract and it has been good for us. Whenever we raise an issue, they are responsive and help us.

We did use a different solution prior to BMC Remedyforce, but we switched because it wasn't easily customizable and we had trouble onboarding it. Basically, Remedyforce is a more powerful product.

The installation is easy. However, configuring the tool around the processes can be complex.

We have our own team of technicians who took care of the implementation, deployment, and maintenance. Five people were required to complete the deployment, while maintenance is handled by three.

We are currently looking to upgrade our environment to a SaaS-based solution. The replacement for this solution, BMC Helix, is one that we are trying.

What other advice do I have?

This product has now been deprecated and is no longer available for sale, so I cannot recommend that other people use it. They have been offering the smaller BMC Helix and we are currently evaluating that as a replacement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

JP
OS3 Product Development Lead at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
A stable application developed for telecommunications companies

• "It's a stable solution."
  • "They need to include more high-end technology, different languages, the kinds of things not yet included in the product."

What is our primary use case?

Since it's a built application based on Remedy, we use it for Telcos. It's an application developed for telecommunications companies.

What needs improvement?

They're only just beginning to use less API now on version 19.08, and they need to include more high-end technology, different languages, the kinds of things they haven't yet included in the product that could improve it.

Additional features they could include would be to improve the content with better technologies, higher-end technologies, that kind of thing. The interface could be improved, I'd want the developers to work on that as it would allow more flexibility.

It is stable.

Customer support is fine.

The cost is quite high but since they are one of the big four companies for this type of development platform, I think the price is okay. But I'm not the right person to talk because I'm not a CEO.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.