ESET Endpoint Security Overview

ESET Endpoint Security is the #19 ranked solution in our list of endpoint security software. It is most often compared to Microsoft Defender Antivirus: ESET Endpoint Security vs Microsoft Defender Antivirus

What is ESET Endpoint Security?

Comprehensive multilayered security, combining machine learning and human expertise. Enables organizations to:

Protect against Ransomware
Block Targeted Attacks
Prevent Data Breaches
Detect Advanced Persistent Threats
Stop Fileless attacks

ESET Endpoint Security is also known as Smart Security.

ESET Endpoint Security Buyer's Guide

Download the ESET Endpoint Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

ESET Endpoint Security Customers

ERSTE Group Bank, Miller Solutions, Wesleyan University, The Hospital Center of Luxembourg, Deer Valley USD, SPAR, Industrial Federal Credit Union, Honda, City Hall of Palmela, Hays CISD, Lester B Pearson School Board

ESET Endpoint Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ESET Endpoint Security pricing:
  • "This solution is a good value for the money."
  • "It is subjective. I don't think it is expensive. If you can have 10 user licenses for less than $100, I don't think it is expensive."
  • "Currently, we are running on a three-year license. The pricing might be around $20,000. There aren't any costs above the standard licensing fee."
  • "Its price is fair. If we compare it with any other retail product, it is a little harder to compete with."

ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

reviewer1134558
IT Manager at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 30, 2019
Good spam protection and integration, but the deployment process needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for security and email spam protection.

• "The most valuable feature is the antispam module, which comes in the bundle."
  • "If I were in an environment that required a large-scale deployment then I would choose another solution over ESET."

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution on a larger scale. To improve, they need to cut down the number of steps required for deployment. They also have to increase the availability of technical support. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
NRG LTD
Manager at EZ Computers Ltd.
Sep 25, 2019
Easy to use, proactive protection, has a good management center, and free training is available

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and this is one of the products that we use ourselves, as well as recommend it to other companies. The primary use case is as an anti-virus.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the management."
  • "Everything has some kind of room for improvement."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good, all-in product. Even the home, end-user products by this vendor are very good. If you're serious about endpoint security then this is the only product you will need because it's a one-stop solution. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Pardon Chishumba
IT Administrator at a outsourcing company with 1-10 employees
Oct 23, 2020
Capable of quickly detecting malware and remotely shutting down a computer

What is our primary use case?

I use it to protect my servers.

• "The potential threat protection feature is the most valuable. In the event that one of my computers is not on the network and gets a virus, ESET Endpoint Security quickly detects the malware, and in most cases, it removes the virus. It also has the ability to remotely shut down the computer. I like the remote control part the most."
  • "The use of SQL Server can be improved. At times, there is a bit of challenge while linking it with the Javascript. ESET Endpoint Security requires modern technology or modern equipment on site. You will find it difficult to use ESET Endpoint Security with dual-core machines. If they can add the cloud management feature to their product, it will be much easier. If you look at this COVID situation that we are in right now, people are working from home, so you need to control the computers wherever you are. For example, if you are using any email setup and you are hosting it on your own, all the email traffic will be going through the same network. You need to protect all of your computers from the attack. It is best if you can do it remotely rather than having an IT person to come onsite to manage all computers and metrics etc, which isn't a smart way to do it."

What other advice do I have?

We definitely plan to continue using this solution. For my clients with small businesses, I really recommend this solution. I would rate ESET Endpoint Security a seven out of ten.
reviewer1401864
IT Support Technician at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Sep 16, 2020
A product that is easy to recommend to our customers with confidence

What is our primary use case?

Our company is a reseller for ESET (Essential Security against Evolving Threats), and we are here to sell the product to our customers. Our customers are usually using the product for antivirus and for firewall protection against threats and malware.

• "This is a product at the top of its game. That is the reason we choose to support and sell it."
  • "The product could have better integration with third-party products that would help extend functionality."
  • "They could be more aggressive with malware."

What other advice do I have?

I think ESET is very good. It is at the top of its game. That is the reason we choose to support and sell it. We can easily recommend it to our customers with confidence. We are very glad to support this antivirus solution. On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate this product as a ten-out-of-ten. I think that right now it is the perfect solution.
EhabAl Borai
IT Manager at Arab International Optronics
Dec 10, 2019
Protects our local computers from viruses and malware

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to protect our local computers from viruses and malware.

• "Technical support has been very good. They're quick to respond to any problems."
  • "The solution should offer more security surrounding blacklisted websites."

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution. The security is good and it's easy to install even on an enterprise level. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
AlexLibis
Owner/CEO at Mator
Dec 14, 2019
Antivirus protection with good support but needs to include IPS Firewall

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for antivirus protection. We are currently in the process of installation of the Endpoint Detection and Response.

• "The most valuable features are the sandbox, mail scanning, sandboxing attachments, files, and that it responds to VPN porting."
  • "The solution includes only Intrusion Detection and not IPS, which is an important feature that is missing in my version."

What other advice do I have?

It's still a very new product so I don't have all of the information. Maybe in a month or two, I will know more. There are many differences with other solutions such as IPS Firewall, VPN, cloud management, and multi-level cloud management, that I cannot compare as I have not yet experienced all of these areas with ESET. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Carlos Hto Álvarez A
Founder/President at Chameleon Technology S.A.
Jan 16, 2021
Fast virus detection, powerful firewall, and stability exceptional

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as an antivirus, a local firewall, and anti-malware protection.

• "I would say that this solution has the best support team in this kind of Endpoint protection product."
  • "In the future, a cloud version of the solution would be great."

What other advice do I have?

We have had a reduction of customers for this product do to the pandemic slowing down operations. I rate ESET Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.
AtiqMohammed
Presales Consultant - Engineer at Red Secure IT Infrastructure LLC
Reseller
Nov 14, 2020
Good protection and device control features, very user friendly, and good integration

What is our primary use case?

We are a start-up company, and we sell solutions from ESET, Trend Micro, McAfee, and Panda. We are doing both on-premises and cloud deployments of ESET Endpoint Security.

• "The protection and device control features are the most valuable. I found its user interface and integration pretty good. It is very user friendly as compared to other products."
  • "A few times, we have had problems with downloading an agent. We had to try multiple times and multiple uploads."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. We have a lot of customers for this solution, and they are really happy with the product. However, a few customers are not confident of this solution when we initially suggest it to them. They are more confident about other solutions. I would rate ESET Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.
Download our free ESET Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.