HPE GreenLake Overview
What is HPE GreenLake?
Flexible Capacity from HPE Pointnext offers on-demand capacity, combining the agility and economics of public cloud with the security and performance of on-premises IT. With advanced metering, customers pay monthly for actual capacity used, above a minimum commitment – by core, by terabyte, by virtual machine – with no up-front capital outlay. HPE provides a buffer of capacity on-premises and ready for use, which you pay for only when you start to use. Active capacity management ensures that the buffer is replenished before it runs out, so that you have the servers, storage, networking, and operating software that you need, and ensuring that you are ready to take on your next project or next customer. Flexible Capacity cuts overprovisioning – commonly as much as 50-60% of servers and storage – saving on IT cost, enabling faster time to value and eliminating the typical long purchasing cycle. And it includes support for your IT environment to simplify how you operate IT.
HPE GreenLake is also known as GreenLake Flex Capacity, HPE Flexible Capacity, HPE FlexCap.
HPE GreenLake Buyer's Guide
Download the HPE GreenLake Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021
HPE GreenLake Customers
Capgemini Finland Infrastructure Services, Sogeti BeLux, Accenture
HPE GreenLake Video
What users are saying about HPE GreenLake pricing:
- "It's a small cost per month compared to that one-time purchase. The big thing is if you get your one-time purchase wrong, then you are buying a lot more. With GreenLake, if we miss estimate (which with all the planning, you usually don't), we sign a piece of paper, and then they send more equipment in."
- "If you're used to buying HPE servers, it's less expensive than that. I don't really compare competitor servers because HPE has never given me any reason to look otherwise. However, if you get good pricing on HPE servers, you get better pricing on GreenLake."
- "Our first year costs were approximately $1.2 million instead of spending five to six million dollars."
- "It is significantly less expensive than going to cloud for development... Our cost is approximately $25,000 a month."
- "If you are looking to turn some of your capital expense into operational expense, this allows you to do it. It is a good idea."