HPE Nimble Storage OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE Nimble Storage is the #4 ranked solution in our list of best All-Flash Storage Arrays. It is most often compared to HPE Primera: HPE Nimble Storage vs HPE Primera

What is HPE Nimble Storage?

Our Predictive Flash platform closes the app-data gap, giving you the fastest, most reliable access to data. By combining predictive analytics with flash storage, we radically simplify operations.
Once you’ve experienced our simplicity, you’ll never go back to traditional infrastructure again. Over 9,000 customers rely on Nimble to power their businesses, both on-premise and in the cloud.

HPE Nimble Storage is also known as Nimble Storage.

HPE Nimble Storage Buyer's Guide

Download the HPE Nimble Storage Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

HPE Nimble Storage Customers

Ace Relocation, Atkins Nutritionals, Berkeley Research Group, Canadian International School, City of Hot Springs, Clackamas County, Corona-Norco Unified School District, Ideal Integrations, Linear Technology, P&O Maritime, Retail Apparel Group (RAG), Virtual Radiologic

HPE Nimble Storage Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE Nimble Storage pricing:
  • "Nimble Storage is too expensive for our enterprise customers."

Chris Childerhose
Lead Infrastructure Architect at ThinkON
ExpertTop 5
When we had issues due to a bad Postgres database, Nimble was very helpful and even replaced the array with a brand new one for our troubles.

What is our primary use case?

Nimble storage is our primary Production storage vendor. We use this with VMware on a daily basis including a new AFA5000 all flash array for our DMS system.

• "InfoSight - analytics sight that collects data for all Nimble arrays deployed"
  • "We have had some stability issues with one array which has happened twice during subsequent software updates but is due to a bad Postgres database."

What other advice do I have?

Given the chance to evaluate Nimble it is highly recommended. Their CASL architecture is very fast and being able to get the performance from spinning disk that you see on some flash arrays is great. They are always improving the product and software including the recent changes to the InfoSight web page that allows Per-VM monitoring now. Excellent support and customer service when you need it.
BA
Network & System Support Engineer at a recruiting/HR firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Runs fast and without errors while being very stable

• "The solution runs pretty fast."
  • "The solution requires a higher availability."

What other advice do I have?

We're currently using model CS5000 and we're on version 5.05.200. We are not yet on the cloud. We're on-premise. We installed it in our data center. In tests and features, they call it InfoSight. InfoSight collects logs and tries to send to the cloud. It's customizable, and it offers reports for you and any upgrade. It tries to give you information about your device. I'd recommend the solution. I'd rate it nine out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about HPE Nimble Storage. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MR
Technical Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Great architecture and verification features

What is our primary use case?

The companies that bought this solution from us use it for VMware. They have also used some Oracle in the Red Hat operating system. It's mostly used for the VMware environment. The companies we provide the solution to are generally medium size; one of them is a hospital and the other is an agency that controls the sale of gas. We are partners of HPE Nimble Storage and I'm the technical manager of the company.

• "Good architecture and produces a lot of IOPS."
  • "The solution needs to be an active-active controller."

What other advice do I have?

We'll use this solution more in the future. With what I see now with the segregated hyper-converged infrastructure, I think that Nimble is going to get a lot more clients because hyper-converged solutions are a closed box and customers want this kind of solution. Customers felt that with the hyper-converged solutions, their hands were tied. I would recommend this solution. It's been around for over 10 years, working with machine learning in artificial intelligence. It has inline deduplication for all flash storage, and a hybrid version that gives a lot of features. It's an architecture that's…
Markus Arnold
ICT Architect / Team Leader at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to set up with good performance and reliability

• "The scalability is straightforward."
  • "There is a new version of the Nimble and 3PAR systems called Alletra and they have a lot of new features."

What other advice do I have?

We are an HPE partner. We also use it as customers and end-users. Right now, we use the HPE 3PAR 8000 systems, we use Nimble systems, and we also sell some systems like Primera. I'd recommend the solution to other companies. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're mostly quite happy with the product.
Handriyo Sidhi
Team Leader at PT.Helios Informatika Nusantara
Reseller
Easy to update with simple end-user management

• "Updates are very easy to do when the customer is connected to the internet."
  • "HPE does not have suffficient storage."

What other advice do I have?

I'm working with one of the distributors here in Indonesia, Helios Informatika Nusantara. Mainly I'm involved with managing the SMB company. I rate HPE Nimble Storage as a nine out of ten.
Chris Childerhose
Lead Infrastructure Architect at ThinkON
ExpertTop 5
It has allowed us to upgrade our DMS to the latest version

What is our primary use case?

The AF5000 array is the primary storage for our iManage DMS 10 document management systems. It allows the best performance for users using the system.

What other advice do I have?

Nimble AF is a great platform and is only getting better. On top of that, InfoSight's great technical support makes it an easy choice.
LB
Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good deduplication and compression features, scales well, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We use HPE Nimble for deduplication and to compress data. We have a large number of customers that rely on high availability from this product.

• "The deduplication and compression capabilities are powerful."
  • "There is no active-active controller, which means that we can only have one controller online at a time."

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
LL
Product Manager at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Good performance and processor, with a good support system for assistance

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers. We provide products to our customers. Unfortunately, we were not able to sell this product because it is too expensive. We use it in our own cloud. We created a VMware VCPP cloud to provide VMware services to our enterprise customers.

• "The performance and the processor are good."
  • "I would like to see an added feature to auto-fix, or a dynamic alerting system on storage."

What other advice do I have?

We are still trying other products. HPE GreenLake has very nice packaging. It's a financial program, and we used Nimble through this financing program. We didn't purchase it, we were testing. We are still testing other products, such as Dell Storage. We have some local storage vendors, so we are not formally using it in production. We are not able to recommend this product as we are still in the testing phase. We are still doing the POC tests. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
See 9 more HPE Nimble Storage Reviews
Product Categories
All-Flash Storage Arrays
Download our free HPE Nimble Storage Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.