Informatica Cloud Data Integration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Informatica Cloud Data Integration is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Data Integration tools. It is most often compared to Informatica PowerCenter: Informatica Cloud Data Integration vs Informatica PowerCenter

What is Informatica Cloud Data Integration?
Informatica Cloud Data Integration is a unified and modern user experience across all iPaaS patterns, supported by a meta-data driven, modular, artificial intelligence-based microservices architecture tailored for IT, developers, and business users. It help delivers accessible, trusted, and secure data to facilitate more valuable business decisions and identify competitive advantages. Informatica Cloud Data Integration can help to distribute data warehouse and analytics projects. Features include the following: Deliver integrated and relevant data, Scale with data synchronization and replication, Integrate asset management, Support high-volume workloads, Design cloud mappings and Execute visual data integration flows.

Download the Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Customers

Chicago Cubs, Telegraph Media Group

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

GC
Data Governance & Lineage Product Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Integrates our applications on our site and cloud but the user experience is complex

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is managing different environments. We have some applications on our site and some applications on the cloud so we use Informatica to integrate everything.

• "The program is stable and scalable."
  • "One area that needs to improve is the user experience because it is very complex. The trial version is very complex so it's not easy to start using the program immediately. You must study the rules first."

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to maintain the program as it is very powerful. I rate this solution a seven out of ten. Not a ten because of the complexness.
Brendan  Smith
Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good for building mockups and tasks

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for integration and development.

• "The most valuable feature is the building of mockups and tasks."
  • "I would like to see more functionality added so that it is a bit closer to how much you can do with Informatica PowerCenter."

What other advice do I have?

For anybody who is implementing this solution, I would say that as long as they've got some kind of experience with ETL, or other Informatic products, then it should be absolutely fine. This is a solution that I recommend. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Matillion, MuleSoft and others in Cloud Data Integration. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Peter P. Le
I.T. Specialist - Data Architect - Solution Architect at United States Department of Defense
Mapping designer seems to be easier to use which is a great improvement

What is our primary use case?

Migrate workloads from on-prem. That's the usual scenario for many customers in the past.  The question is if IICS could help painlessly.

How has it helped my organization?

Don't know yet. In a trial now. There is much to find out, first and foremost, its performance level when compared with on-prem.

What is most valuable?

Mapping designer seems to be easier to use even when compared with PowerCenter which is a great improvement.

What needs improvement?

The availability of connectors from the get-go, not just waiting for additional, extra ones to be added. That's it.
RP
Software Architect at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is two-fold: * Reporting- If the users want to visualize into a meaningful report then they would pass on that as a requirement to the Informatica team. This goes to the Informatica team, which will then apply the business rules and validation, cleansing or whatever else is needed on top of the data set. * ETL-There is a lot of information that is required by multiple downsizing applications. So, if the file of information is huge, it does not fit into application integration use case so then Informatica can take a huge set of data and pass it onto several… more »

• "It has become an easy way to exchange information through any cloud application."
  • "The biggest challenge I see is the IDE's for the cloud and automization are different."

What other advice do I have?

The amount of usage that we see in Informatica on Cloud is going to increase. And, correspondingly, the usage of the automized version of Informatica that we use is going to decrease because exchanges are going to be more towards the cloud. I suggest that someone considering this solution should take a minimilaistic free license, and do a proper analysis of the solution.
it_user674064
Business Analyst/Data Engineer with 51-200 employees
You can find almost any product connection that you need.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that you can find almost any product connection that you need and the list is always expanding.

How has it helped my organization?

Basically, it just allows connections with Amazon AWS/S3/Redshift.

What needs improvement?

It needs to be a little more intuitive but it’s really not bad. There are plenty of examples as how to use the product from Informatica and YouTube.

I have used this solution for less than a year.

After the initial setup, the tool seems pretty stable.

There is plenty of online support available from Informatica.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

it_user669330
Project Manager Oracle Applications at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Data synchronization tasks, mapping designer tasks and scheduling are valuable features.

• "Data synchronization tasks."
  • "Error reporting and debugging need improvement."

What other advice do I have?

Informatica Cloud is easy for development and maintenance. It really works fast and is scalable.
it_user643899
Solution Architect at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
One of the most valuable features is the mapping designer.

• "The Mapping Designer allows for declarative ETL development (visual scripting) that leverages a wide array of different transformations."
  • "There are a small number of UI bugs that occur on occasion."

What other advice do I have?

Informatica is likely to make this their flagship product. It is a solid investment to move to this ETL now. There will continue to be a slew of new features and product improvements in the near future that may increase the cost of the license.
it_user664641
Informatica Cloud System Lead at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Some of the valuable features are data replication tasks and REST APIs.

• "REST API: Excellent for scripting control and reporting mechanisms"
  • "User/group administration could use improvement."

What other advice do I have?

Pose any and every question/doubt/concern to the team, especially with respect to licensing. They are excellent in their communication.
it_user664623
Informatica Lead - Architect at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We value the data replication and data sync jobs. We would like to see stable connectivity.

• "Replication allows us to fully replicate all objects from Shop Floor Data Collection (SFDC) to in-house/on-premises database in one job."
  • "Performance also needs to be significantly improved, especially when connecting to SFDC for read and write operations."

What other advice do I have?

It’s a great product which allows the connection to a number of cloud based technologies such as Workday and Salesforce.
it_user660603
Director at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Integration is flexible and loosely coupled.

• "It is quite easy to use and flexible."
  • "The vendor should have more training resources: online classes, free tutorial videos, etc."

What other advice do I have?

It is quite useful and flexible compared to other vendors in terms of cost of implementation and use case.
it_user628038
Senior Manager Global Business Services at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It has no complex software nor does the startup need to be installed. It is easy to share with others.

What other advice do I have?

Understand the needs of your organization. I strongly advise an understanding of the Informatica PowerCenter, so as to achieve the full effectiveness of this tool. For simple replication, it works well. However, there are some other free tools that can also do the trick of replication just as nicely.
it_user624771
Tech Lead at a tech company
Provides the basic functionalities to implement ETL logic. The error information provided is not informative.

• "The Mapping Configuration and PowerCenter wizards are valuable. We use them to run our business logic."
  • "The error information provided is not informative, as compared to Power Center."

What other advice do I have?

It totally depends on the business requirements and the budget. I have been working on Informatica for more than nine years, and I recommend using their products.