Information Builders WebFOCUS Overview

What is Information Builders WebFOCUS?

WebFOCUS is a strategic enterprise business intelligence (BI) and analytics platform that enables any executive, manager, analyst, employee, partner, or customer to execute smarter business from trusted data. The platform includes cutting-edge capabilities that provide organizations with everything they need to turn data into insight, and insight into impact.

Information Builders WebFOCUS is also known as WebFOCUS.

Download the Predictive Analytics Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Information Builders WebFOCUS Customers

Ace Hardware, AutoZone, Fred Hutch, MasterCard, OFS Brands, PostFinance, Real D, Yellow Pages, ABC Financial, AcuSport, BBVA, Babcock

Information Builders WebFOCUS Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

User
Allows decision makers to harness the power of data to make strategic decisions that will advance the goals and objectives of the organization.

What is our primary use case?

The Maryland State Department of Education will be using WebFOCUS to analyze financial data including State appropriation levels and financial performance in educational institutions throughout the State of Maryland. Later, WebFOCUS will be used to predict student actions and school performance among other reporting areas.
User with 10,001+ employees
Very flexible to use, and a quick learning tool for new developers.

What is our primary use case?

Our hearing offices use WebFOCUS reports to manage SSA OHO daily workload. We also use it to do ad-hoc reports.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great reporting tool, keep up good work!
Find out what your peers are saying about Information Builders, Alteryx, RapidMiner and others in Predictive Analytics. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
User with 10,001+ employees
Reporting canvas makes it easier to put reports together quickly.

What is our primary use case?

Developer for MI web solutions. Working on 7.7 now moving to 8.02 in a Windows environment. Working with disability MI and need to be able to respond quickly to Congress and field users.

What other advice do I have?

Overall it is a user-friendly and powerful solution.
User
The tool helps in planning and management, decision making and optimizing resources, analyzing data and coming up with an excellent report presentation.

What is our primary use case?

Overtime; Transaction Times; Wait Times; State Stats Data Use AppStudio to create reports, deploy it to the portal.

What other advice do I have?

The product is very stable. Customer service is always available and is exceptional.
User with 10,001+ employees
We like using Report Caster with our applications.

What is our primary use case?

We provide disability data MI to our agency. Our environment setup with version 8 is under one server for all environments (DEV, VAL, Analysis & Production). We are currently converting our applications from 7.6.02 to 8.2

How has it helped my organization?

Our BI Tools group have determined that we will be using WebFOCUS for most of our MI. So, now we have uniformed most of the applications into WebFOCUS.

What is most valuable?

We like using Report Caster with our applications. We just started using Report Library, which will help the users look into one product.

What needs improvement?

We will be using the conversion process soon. I hope this will be an easy process converting from 7.6 to 8.02.

More…
User
Report rewriting is easy. The interface can be more user-friendly.

What is our primary use case?

Report developer, Correction and Rehabilitation, Business Analysis, monthly report, Average Daily Population of Offenders.

What other advice do I have?

I like the product.
User
End users can run more customize reports and can see these reports in graphical form to get more understanding of the data. I'd like to see more charts added.

What is our primary use case?

Learning WebFOCUS because I am new to this MDE. I want to add a few more reports to WebFOCUS so end users can run customized reports.

How has it helped my organization?

Yes, now end users can run more customize reports and can see these reports in graphical form to get more understanding of the data.

What is most valuable?

All features are very helpful and easy to use. End users can see their data in more meaningful ways.

What needs improvement?

More charts, because I like to see more graphs and get more understanding of data by seeing it as a graph.

Less than one year.

User
Our users like it very much. It is very flexible to developer reports/portal.

What is our primary use case?

We use production to develop reports and portals for the Department of Police - Montgomery County, Maryland.

How has it helped my organization?

It's a wonderful product. Our users like it very much. It is very flexible to developer reports/portal.

What is most valuable?

There are many ways to build custom reports. We also like the data quality to profile our data to get quality data for reports.

What needs improvement?

We found some minor flaws like password encryption. The Information Builders tech support provided us workarounds.

WebFOCUS is the most scalable product I've used.
User
It improved our reporting system a lot. The availability, presentation, and timeliness are way better.

What is our primary use case?

WebFOCUS updates, the training, as I am working on a project that will be for each program. Portal for each program.

How has it helped my organization?

It improved our reporting system a lot. The availability, presentation, and timeliness are way better.

What is most valuable?

The WebFOCUS info assists and Excel base quick data, it provides information at times when it is needed.

What needs improvement?

Upgrade and more module training, we are about to do an app studio upgrade and our team is working on getting training for our agency.

More than five years.

It gives better information and reliability.

What do I think about the scalability of

User
We have a BI respository and I use the software from a reporting and analysis perspective.

What is our primary use case?

What other advice do I have?

I enjoy WebFOCUS, but would like to be able to export Excel files on my own.
CEO at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
IBI Can Be Expensive, But BI Done The Right Way Can’t Reasonably Be Done On The Cheap

What other advice do I have?

Participate in one of their lunch and learn events as we did, and see for yourself what IBI can do!
Manager of Architecture/Design at a government with 501-1,000 employees
It gives us the ability to run reports in disconnect/passive mode.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great BI product and an excellent roadmap and vision.
Owner at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
WebFOCUS provides for both business and IT technical developers BI/BA application development tools
WebFOCUS is a powerful enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics platform well-suited for today's complex and rapidly-changing environment. The software is produced by privately-held American software vendor, Information Builders. As part of WebFOCUS, Information Builders provides two BI/BA application development tools, one for business developers and another for IT technical developers: BI Portal and InfoAssist for business developers (web-based and mobile) Windows-based Developer Studio for IT technical developers With WebFOCUS, companies can provide business users with self-service intelligence and analytics: Dashboards and scorecards Self-service guided ad-hoc data exploration Mobile BI with right-time data on any device InfoApps to easily analyze and manipulate…
Director of Content at IT Central Station
Community Manager
Gartner's Magic Quadrant report states that many users have not implemented the latest software
Gartners February 2013 Magic Quadrant report says that "almost 2/3rd's of respondents consider Information Builders to be the enterprise BI standard." On the other hand, a large percentage of users are not using the latest software version. Do you use WebFOCUS? Why do you think that many users have not implemented the latest version of software? Add your comment below or write your own review. Share your opinion with our community!