Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top AI Development Platforms. It is most often compared to Databricks: Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio vs Databricks

What is Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio?

Azure Machine Learning is a cloud predictive analytics service that makes it possible to quickly create and deploy predictive models as analytics solutions.

It has everything you need to create complete predictive analytics solutions in the cloud, from a large algorithm library, to a studio for building models, to an easy way to deploy your model as a web service. Quickly create, test, operationalize, and manage predictive models.

Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio is also known as Azure Machine Learning, MS Azure Machine Learning Studio.

Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio Customers

Walgreens Boots Alliance, Schneider Electric, BP

Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio pricing:
  • "When we got our first models and were ready for the user acceptance testing, our licensing fees were between €2,500 ($2,750 USD) and €3,000 ($3,300 USD) monthly."
  • "The licensing cost is very cheap. It's less than $50 a month."

Alexandre Akrour
CEO at Inosense
Good support for Azure services in pipelines, but deploying outside of Azure is difficult

What is our primary use case?

We used this solution for defining new predictive models, such as recommendation systems, but also price elasticity models for fraud detection, and the classification of customers. We are not using this solution regularly. We are now using Azure Databricks.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the ability to use all of the cognitive services, prebuilt from Azure."
  • "If you want to be able to deploy your tools outside of Microsoft Azure, this is not the best choice."

What other advice do I have?

Microsoft has increased the usability and the features since we first implemented this solution. If I had to start this process over again, I would involve Microsoft earlier because they were great for providing support, as well as guidance on the architecture and what kind of stuff you can do with the tool, and what you should do with it. This was very helpful to orient the team to the right documentation and tutorials. The second thing I would do is to start working with DevOps activity as soon as you can. We found ourselves redoing the same things many times, instead of having a DevOps…
CS
Owner at Channing Stowell Associates
Has the ability to do templating and transfer it so that we can do multiple types of models and data mining

What is our primary use case?

Developing and operationally implementing a powerful lead scoring model for a major Multiufamily developer and operator of apartment properties throughout major western states. The work included 3 years of data across over 60 properties with more than 500,000 leads and 3 million transactions.

• "The ability to do the templating and be able to transfer it so that I can easily do multiple types of models and data mining is a valuable aspect of this solution. You only have to set up the flows, the templates, and the data once and then you can make modifications and test different segmentations throughout."
  • "In terms of improvement, I'd like to have more ability to construct and understand the detailed impact of the variables on the model. Their algorithms are very powerful and they explain overall the net contribution of each of the variables to the solution. In terms of being able to say to people "If you did this, you'll get this much more improvement" it wasn't great."

What other advice do I have?

The major advice I give is that clients must get the user,somebody who understands the business issues, to be deeply involved with it and the data transformation. Most people don't. And that's true for data science applications. We don't just follow the data in a big pile and remodel, we advance the process that we're modeling. Consider what transformations of the data you need to make it workable and usable. Remember, over half the initial value of modeling is the strategic understanding provided re the importance of different variables to the model and hence the organizaion's performance…
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ChrisPeddie
Tech Lead at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reduces work for our front-line agents, but the terminology for questions could be stronger

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is for customer service. Specifically, chat responses based on pre-defined questions and answers.

• "The most valuable feature is the knowledge bank, which allows us to ask questions and the AI will automatically pull the pre-prescribed responses."
  • "Integration with social media would be a valuable enhancement."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to be prepared to take a slow approach to get the best results. The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this solution is that the strategic outsourcing contact will need to have a strategy for the next three to five years because the efficiencies that we will be gaining from AI will reduce the requirements on physical staff doing traditional roles. However, the support element will increase. It means that the roles will change and evolve over the next three to five years within the UK contact center based on the deployment of…
SD
Business transformation advisor/Enterprise Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A low-code to no-code option that has more maturing to do

• "It's a great option if you are fairly new and don't want to write too much code."
  • "The data processor can pose a bit of a challenge, but the real complexity is determined by the skill of the implementation team."

What other advice do I have?

I would Definitely recommend Azure Machine Learning Studio — no doubt about it, it's a full-contact solution. Having said that, it really depends on the customer's appetite and what they're comfortable with. For example, I have interacted with people who prefer a basic Google cloud platform — from an AML perspective, they just feel like it's primarily Google. Not because of AML per se, it's more from a data storage perspective, which in this case, works better. Personally, I come from a VFA site in the financial sector. Over there, the customers are really conscious about hosting their station…
EC
student at a university with 201-500 employees
Stable, with a straightforward setup and is very easy to use

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for learning purposes for the most part.

• "The initial setup is very simple and straightforward."
  • "It would be nice if the product offered more accessibility in general."

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a student. I was learning about machine learning via this product. I'm not sure which deployment model we are using. I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I would advise other potential users to just start using it. If they really want to learn it, it will take a bit of time. Even though it's easy to use, you need some knowledge in data science. That will help make the process easier.
MD
Head Of Analytics Platforms and Architecture at a consumer goods company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, easy to use, and quick to implement

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for its price elasticity and the product mix on offer.

• "The solution is very easy to use, so far as our data scientists are concerned."
  • "There should be data access security, a role level security. Right now, they don't offer this."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a Microsoft customer. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft. Currently, it is my understanding that we are using the latest version of the solution. I'd recommend this product to other organizations. Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.
Ariful Mondal
Consulting Practice Partner - Data, Analytics & AI at a tech consulting company with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly, no code development, and good pricing but they should offer an on-premises version

What is our primary use case?

We plan to use this solution for everything in business analytics including data harmonization, text analytics, marketing, credit scoring, risk analytics, and portfolio management.

• "It's good for citizen data scientists, but also, other people can use Python or .NET code."
  • "They should have a desktop version to work on the platform."

What other advice do I have?

If you want to build a solution quickly without knowing any coding, it's pretty good to start with. I will take a week to learn, from my experience. For anyone who is interested in trying it, they should start with the free version, which is free for up to 10 gigabytes of workspace. Just log in and start developing and exploring the tool before onboarding. I would rate Microsoft Azure Machine Learning a seven out of ten.
MikayilBekooglu
CRM Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Stable with good UI and machine learning capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We're using the solution in order to give the customer a 360 degree view. Also, we use it if clients want to do machine learning with AI at a more reasonable cost.

• "The UI is very user-friendly and that AI is easy to use."
  • "When you use different Microsoft tools, there are different pricing metrics. It doesn't make sense. The pricing metrics are quire difficult to understand and should be either clarified or simplified. It would help us sell the solution to customers."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant. Our company is partners with Microsoft. Users will find it easy to get into Azure. Even if they aren't always in touch with Azure, they'll find themselves in touch with the dynamic field. Users have to get into Azure because once they get into the cloud, they should have some basic understanding of Azure itself. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. However, I don't know their competitors, so I can't really compare them to others on the market.
See 8 more Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio Reviews
Download our free Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.