Neotys NeoLoad Overview

Neotys NeoLoad is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Performance Testing Tools. It is most often compared to Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional: Neotys NeoLoad vs Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional

What is Neotys NeoLoad?

The NeoLoad load and performance testing tool for web and mobile apps realistically simulates user activity and monitors infrastructure behavior to eliminate bottlenecks. It covers all performance testing from component and automated tests to system-wide hybrid-cloud load tests.

Neotys NeoLoad is also known as NeoLoad.

Neotys NeoLoad Buyer's Guide

Download the Neotys NeoLoad Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Neotys NeoLoad Customers

Dell, H&R Block, Best Buy, Orange, Verizon Wireless, ING, Mazda, Siemens, University of Oxford

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Neotys NeoLoad pricing:
  • "Licensing for NeoLoad is subscription-based."
  • "The licensing cost is less compared to other licensing performance testing tools."

Neotys NeoLoad Reviews

MarkusBonner
Release Test Manager at a tech company with 201-500 employees
Feb 17, 2020
Easy to build test cases, good stability and good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for load testing. Our focus is not so much performance testing. We focus more on load testing, which does inadvertently include performance testing, however.

• "The test cases are quite easy to build and to maintain. This is the most valuable aspect of the solution for us. It's the reason why they changed from JMeter to NeoLoad."
  • "Sometimes it's complicated to maintain the test cases. It's much easier than in JMeter, however. I'm not sure if this depends so much on NeoLoad, or is more based on the environment that we are testing."

What other advice do I have?

We have pretty close to the latest version of the solution but are currently trying to make an upgrade. I can recommend that product. I'd also recommend that new or potential users do some training. It's a good idea to use experienced partners or consultants to assist with the initial setup. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
reviewer1357284
Director, IT DevOps & Quality Engineering at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Jun 21, 2020
Flexible to use and straightforward to implement

What is our primary use case?

We use this tool for load testing on web-browser based APIs.

• "The most valuable feature is flexibility, as it connects to all of the endpoints that we need it to."
  • "Most people focus on HTTPS or TCP, but it would be good to have support for a variety of different protocols."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing NeoLoad is to first understand the technical requirements. Also, it is important to make sure that you have access to the endpoints that you want to load-test on. Overall, it seems like a good product. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Neotys, Micro Focus, Apache and others in Performance Testing Tools. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1279947
Performance Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Feb 11, 2020
User-friendly, good reporting, and integrates well with other solutions

What is our primary use case?

We use NetLoad for two different types of testing. We use it for load testing and automation testing. We use it test out the user experience.

What is most valuable?

NeoLoad can be integrated with Selenium for testing the user interface and user experience. The scripting is really user-friendly and the reporting is very good. It supports regular expressions that help us to correlate things. NeoLoad integrates well with other solutions.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for auto-correlations.

I have been using Neotys NeoLoad for three years.

This is a stable solution from what I know. The frequency in which it is used depends on the…
Shivashanker Patil
Senior Performance Engineer at Ascend Learning
Aug 23, 2019
Best tool for testing in production without making many changes to the script or solution

What is our primary use case?

Used for performance testing of applications on QA environments as well as production environments. NeoLoad is best tool for testing in production without making many changes to the script or solution.

• "It helped in achieving the testing of on-premise applications, as well as cloud-based applications, without much difficulty."
  • "NeoLoad is best tool for testing in production without making many changes to the script or solution."
  • "NeoLoad does not support Citrix-based applications."

What other advice do I have?

You will love NeoLoad moving from open source and code-based performance tools.
Anuradha Mankhair
Automation Test Engineer and Team Lead at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Jan 7, 2021
Simple front end and good UI; skilled technical support was lacking

What is our primary use case?

We were customers of NeoLoad and I'm an automation test engineer and team lead.

• "Very easy to use the front end and the UI is very good."
  • "Support wasn't able to solve a technical issue."

What other advice do I have?

We're currently looking for a NeoLoad alternative. I prefer dynamic tools because we should be able to change the script and NeoLoad didn't allow us to do that. I'm looking for a tool that will allow for a weekly or monthly script change and provide us with the ability to update whatever has been recorded. I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.
Ganganjaneya Thummala
Delivery Manager at cigniti
Oct 9, 2019
Good scripting and parameterization help to make this a valuable part of our service offering

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution because we want to know the difference between two different tools to suggest for our clients.

How has it helped my organization?

As we are a services company, we have used NeoLoad also as part of our exercise.

What is most valuable?

I like the scripting and parameterization features.

What needs improvement?

While importing the scripts from backup it should not create the new variables because it has created some issues for us.

We have been using this solution for one year.