Pentaho Reviews

rating
Saravanan Ramaraj
Solution Architect at MIMOS Berhad
Jun 25 2019

What is most valuable?

Ad-hoc reporting (available only in Enterprise Edition) GEO-referencing using Google Maps ETL (Pentaho Data Integration) Support for both JasperReport, BIRT

How has it helped my organization?

Making business decision easily and efficient by simplifying the Performance Management of each business units on timely basis.

What needs improvement?

QueryByExample Portal support for Liferay No collaborative BI Auditing / User-Profiling is available only in Enterprise edition

Completely using community edition along with features implemented on top.

What other advice do I have?

Study, Analyze and Compare with other platforms feature according to your requirements. Following are the nice features of Pentaho: Ad-hoc reporting Support for both… more»

No, but now evaluating both SpagoBI and Jasper
Identity and Access Management Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Jan 24 2018

What do you think of Pentaho?

What is most valuable?

Easy to use components to create the job.

What needs improvement?

Logging capability. Version control would be a good addition.

A lot of time jobs get stuck, causing them to lock out and fail to run, until we kill them.

I  have not needed to scale this product so far.

Open community, you can find good responses at a high level for the free edition. I have not used the commercial version which includes support.

This is first solution I have used and I like it.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Pentaho

Find out what your peers are saying about Hitachi, Knowage, Tableau and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: October 2019.
372,185 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Pentaho Questions

What is Pentaho?

Pentaho is an open source business intelligence company that provides a wide range of tools to help their customers better manage their businesses. These tools include data integration software, mining tools, dashboard applications, online analytical processing options, and more.

Pentaho has two product categories: There is the standard enterprise version. This is the product that comes directly from Pentaho itself with all of the benefits, features, and programs that come along with a paid application such us analysis services, dashboard design, and interactive reporting.

The alternative is an open source version, which the public is permitted to add to and tweak the product. This solution has its advantages, aside from the fact that it is free, in that there are many more people working on the project to improve its quality and breadth of functionality.

Also known as
Pentaho Business Analytics, Kettle
Pentaho customers

Cargo 2000 Lufthansa, Marketo, ModCloth, Cardiac Science, Telefonica, ExactTarget, Active Broadband Networks, and Brussels Airport.

Read Archived Reviews
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hitachi, Knowage, Tableau, and more!