SAP Lumira Overview

What is SAP Lumira?

SAP Lumira delivers beautiful visualizations, allowing you to easily articulate and share key data insights.  Discover hidden patterns and transform the way you communicate your data – big and small in the most engaging way. SAP Lumira lets you pull data directly from a variety of sources and bring it all together in a repeatable, self-service way. Point and click data manipulation lets you organize and consolidate data the way you want to: quickly and easily.  Through the intuitive interface and engaging visualizations you can analyze data effortlessly to discover valuable insights that can help keep you organized and agile with your data.

Click here for a free trial.

Features:

·       Quickly extract and analyze data from virtually any source, create compelling visualizations, and share key insights with ease.

·       Expand your business intelligence by cleaning, enriching and merging multiple datasets together.

·       Streamline discovery by exploring any volume or type of data in real time, without sacrificing performance or security

·       Simplify the 360-degree view of your business by bringing together data from enterprise sources across all lines of business straight to your desktop

·       Share data visualizations and collaborate with colleagues or business partners using SAP Lumira, Server for Teams

SAP Lumira is also known as SAP BusinessObjects Lumira.

Download the Data Visualization Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

SAP Lumira Customers

Medtronic, Cirque du Soleil, Antarc, B&G Manufacturing, EarlySense, eBay, Ferrero, James Austin Company, Lenovo, Sagem, RAK Ceramics, Vodafone

SAP Lumira Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

BR
Team Leader Analytics at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
It needs an easier printing feature. It is fairly easy and fast when it comes to using it.

What is our primary use case?

Data visualization and data preparation are the primary uses.

What is most valuable?

It is fairly easy and fast when it comes to using it.

What needs improvement?

An easier printing feature.

Stability is pretty decent (not bad).

It is highly scalable.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is easy to use. It is unbelievable to use for operations and exploration.
it_user448320
Development and Alumni Relations Associate at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
The overall user-friendly experience is nice. It needs the ability to drill down more.

• "Geographic hierarchy and the ability to connect with SAP sources, such as CRM, ERP, and BW."
  • "It needs the ability to drill down more. Analyzing data with Lumira at times becomes a bit difficult."

What other advice do I have?

It has a good interface. It is not so good for analysis.
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Tableau, Qlik and others in Data Visualization. Updated: June 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user434982
Global Manager BI Applications at a engineering company with 1,001-5,000 employees
There are improvements that need to be made everywhere. Its capabilities feel like that of a store app with the intuitiveness of a desktop app, which is not a good combination.

• "The most value that Lumira provides is in its ability to consume the Business Objects universe."
  • "Lumira's capabilities feel like that of a store app with the intuitiveness of a desktop app, which is not a good combination."

What other advice do I have?

Don't waste your time. Lumira falls short of its competitors in this space both in capabilities and in ease of use. It has somewhat of a updated front end, but it suffers from its cobbling together of older technology components, i.e Webi menu hierarchy and a dialogue-box approach. As a visualization tool, Xcelsius is superior to Lumira; as a data acquisition tool, Lumira is a vast improvement. In Xcelsius, it's difficult to get a finished product, but the finished product can be stunning. Although not as difficult, Lumira makes getting lack luster results harder than they should be. Lumira…
it_user435360
SAP HANA Architect Associate at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Once IT gives us a static list of ingredients (fields), we can create our own recipes (charts and tables) without further IT dependence.

• "Beautiful visualizations."
  • "It would be great to have more ETL capabilities so that the user can do more cleansing/mining on his/her side."

What other advice do I have?

Lumira is a really good data exploration tool. Download the desktop tool and give it a try.
it_user432627
Planning Analyst at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We’ve created several dashboards that display large sets of data in an insightful and easily digestible way. It needs more functionality when creating visualizations.

What other advice do I have?

Choose a few people to become super users with Lumira (one business user and one technical user), and allow them to champion the product and teach others what they’ve learned. Watch YouTube videos!
it_user488862
Junior SAP Consultant at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
I find myself using it for fancier reports. It's not flexible enough for me to use every day.

What other advice do I have?

My rating is because I see the potential that it has for the business user. I don't think it's quite at the point where it's flexible enough to be a stand-alone data visualization tool, the only one you use, because, as I've mentioned, I still use Excel. I use Excel more than I use Lumira for some specific reports and similar tasks, but I often find myself using Lumira for some of the fancier reports. For example, the geographical and other reports that Excel doesn't do quite as well. I see that it has a lot of really great tools, but it's not flexible enough for to use day-to-day.
it_user488865
Dashboards and Analytics with 1,001-5,000 employees
It was useful for me. I stopped using it because another solution is more friendly and perfectly meets my current needs.

What other advice do I have?

It's really user-friendly.
it_user488871
SAP BASIS/Technology Lead at a aerospace/defense firm with 10,001+ employees
The most valuable features are all of the analytical dashboards, which then pull real-time data. One area where I would like to see improvement is the speed.
it_user488877
Manager, Enterprise Reporting Systems, Information Technology with 1,001-5,000 employees
Connecting to an Excel file is easy. For more complex setups, there's a steeper learning curve.
it_user467373
Enterprise Distribution Analyst at a paper AND forest products with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's more intuitive than a pivot table because you can dump a spreadsheet in it and it sort of figures out what relationships work and what relationships don't.

What other advice do I have?

It was comparable to the other solutions that I looked at as far as being able to just get in there and dump some data in and go.
it_user46953
Business Intelligence Manager with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's a little bit less of a dashboard, and more of a discovery tool within the data.

What other advice do I have?

I would say expect to do a number of proof of concepts for various departments before finding a successful partner to implement with. As a client it's great, as an application, I would expect as an application with Business Objects, that integration is still not great. From an enterprise supported tool, I find that a little wanting. But as a client it's awesome.
it_user469269
Business Analytics Consultant at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
The number one feature for us in the geo map feature since we do a lot of work with the healthcare industry.

What other advice do I have?

I feel like something's missing, but I can't put my hand on it what's missing, if that makes sense. It's a great tool though.
it_user469260
Sr. Director at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It provides quick visualizations for reports.
it_user465852
Business Intelligence Analyst at a recreational facilities/services company with 501-1,000 employees
The simplicity of being able to visualize the data is the best part because it is drag-and-drop.

What other advice do I have?

I think the simplicity of putting it together or being able to visualize the data is the best thing, because once it's connected, it's drag-and-drop. You can then create your storyboards and it's pretty straightforward. If you're familiar with using any kind of program or tool, it's pretty straightforward to get the results that you need. The only problem I had was just getting some of the data prepped. I would say they need to focus on getting that type of stuff improved. You have to prep your data, and sometimes you have to change your field types, especially if you take your zip code and…
it_user449472
Senior Vice President and Head of Multicultural Insights at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
User friendly and easy to learn. I like the charts and graphs, geo map and the integration with ESRI.

What other advice do I have?

This product is amazing and changes how people think of the relationship between IT and businesses. It makes processes easier and faster and enables businesses to know exactly what they need so that their storyboard becomes more accurate and easy for them to present.
it_user449442
Business Operations Analyst at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
Easy reporting tool for business analysts to use.

What other advice do I have?

It's a pretty good solution, but you should wait for SAP’s new improved version of Lumira.
it_user446850
SAP Innovation Analyst at a consumer goods company with 10,001+ employees
Integration with SAP HANA gives next-to Real-time Performance as long as the data models are not very complex. Connecting to HANA Online mode uncovered a few bugs which were fairly resolved by SAP.

What other advice do I have?

It is a product that's easy to learn and understand, with the ability to create dynamic visualizations and various integration options including next-to real-time.
it_user449415
Principal Consultant - SAP HANA,BW,BusinessObjects BI at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It is embedded in SAP HANA live analytics which cuts down time to deliver solutions to users.

What other advice do I have?

Engage a SAP Lumira product team, and ask questions to understand how many deployment options there are available with SAP Lumira. Choose the option that fits your strategy and seek advice from the SAP Lumira support team on how best to deploy for maximum ROI.
it_user435042
Senior Consultant at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
The most valuable feature for us is that it allows us to generate complex charts and dashboards on the fly.

What other advice do I have?

It is really easy to use and provides the best results. It can really help any organization/domain to build their own dashboards easily and to analyze complex data.
Product Categories
Data Visualization
Download our free Data Visualization Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Tableau, Qlik, and more!